Jan 24, 2020, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B
Is that what you really want and demand, an omnipotent President? If so you are not in line with the Constitution or itís principles. Do you need a daddy of sorts to tell you what to do and how to think?
There is a body of growing thought that the 43% of those that approve of the Trump presidency aren't all fully supportive. That when polled, what some are actually approving is the Republican party... not Trump.

That might explain what we saw for about two years here on LTUP, where it was all about conservatives wanting to cause liberals heads to explode. We even saw deliberate baiting to get liberals kicked off the forum.

While some of that wanting to see liberals heads explode went underground when called on it, it hasn't fully gone away. In that, Trump is a tool as conservatives know that Trump is strongly disliked and that becomes TDS gaslighting material.

It is simple, Trump's sorry character is impossible to defend so just as in the military, if you can't defend your position, go offense and these guys are doing just that in support of the Republican party, probably more than they are defending Trump.

The hint of all this was in a poll a while back and I apologize for not having a link or the exact numbers, but it showed that Republicans weren't as all in on Trump as his support in approval polls suggest... again, because of the theory that a lot of those who poll approval of Trump are really approving of the Republican party or conservatism over liberalism more than they are Trump.

Other hints of that come from Jeff Flake for example who said that if Republican Senators could vote anonymously, some would vote to oust Trump. Then this evening we heard that Republican Senators were warned of serious consequences if crossing Trump. If they loved his arse, they wouldn't have to be so warned.

Even here, we've been hearing some conservatives say they don't like him, but they support his policies... and there is part of the rub... they love that all of his policies are directed at them... and that he is sticking it to liberals.

And they then wonder why liberals don't like him. He is both grossly crass, as well as anti any policy that liberals embrace.
Jan 24, 2020, 10:26 PM
Rich Utkan 1947-2019 RIP
Quote:
And what would that be exactly, storm troopers marching through the streets with firearms getting things done?
^ Your attempt to describe them as Nazis has failed.they were regular citizens, some people of color, some Caucasian, some latino, etc.
Jan 24, 2020, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYPILEIT
^ Your attempt to describe them as Nazis has failed.they were regular citizens, some people of color, some Caucasian, some latino, etc.
Not sure exactly what you are talking about, Iím talking about your claim a president is omnipotent, do you think any president should be omnipotent?
Jan 24, 2020, 10:42 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
And what would that be exactly, storm troopers marching through the streets with firearms getting things done?
Weren't scared, were ya?

Cuz Freedom can be scary sometimes.
Jan 24, 2020, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Campbell
Weren't scared, were ya?

Cuz Freedom can be scary sometimes.
Lol, from someone not willing to participate in that venture.
Jan 24, 2020, 11:37 PM
Je Suis Turkana Boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY
Old news

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/09/u...stigation.html

So... who am I going to believe, the partisan Barr or the independent Inspector General?
Since Comey is an obvious liar, I'd say don't believe Barr per se, believe the truth; that Comey, the FBI, and the leadership/elite of the Democratic Party are traitorous liars.
Jan 25, 2020, 08:26 AM
Quote:
There is a body of growing thought that the 43% of those that approve of the Trump presidency aren't all fully supportive. That when polled, what some are actually approving is the Republican party... not Trump.

That might explain what we saw for about two years here on LTUP, where it was all about conservatives wanting to cause liberals heads to explode. We even saw deliberate baiting to get liberals kicked off the forum.

While some of that wanting to see liberals heads explode went underground when called on it, it hasn't fully gone away. In that, Trump is a tool as conservatives know that Trump is strongly disliked and that becomes TDS gaslighting material.

It is simple, Trump's sorry character is impossible to defend so just as in the military, if you can't defend your position, go offense and these guys are doing just that in support of the Republican party, probably more than they are defending Trump.

The hint of all this was in a poll a while back and I apologize for not having a link or the exact numbers, but it showed that Republicans weren't as all in on Trump as his support in approval polls suggest... again, because of the theory that a lot of those who poll approval of Trump are really approving of the Republican party or conservatism over liberalism more than they are Trump.

Other hints of that come from Jeff Flake for example who said that if Republican Senators could vote anonymously, some would vote to oust Trump. Then this evening we heard that Republican Senators were warned of serious consequences if crossing Trump. If they loved his arse, they wouldn't have to be so warned.

Even here, we've been hearing some conservatives say they don't like him, but they support his policies... and there is part of the rub... they love that all of his policies are directed at them... and that he is sticking it to liberals.

And they then wonder why liberals don't like him. He is both grossly crass, as well as anti any policy that liberals embrace.
I agree, behind the scenes Iím sure many republicans dislike Trump but they really have no choice but to support him, that or be ousted by Trumps pathetic and enabling base.
Jan 25, 2020, 08:37 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Quote:
I agree, behind the scenes Iím sure many republicans dislike Trump but they really have no choice but to support him, that or be ousted by Trumps pathetic and enabling base.
I dont care for Trump as a person but his policies are spot on. There are many independents and some democrats who feel the same way. That's why he has a 56% approval on the economy.
Jan 25, 2020, 09:33 AM
It's less than five years of President Trump left now so sit back relax and do your favorite drug or what ever makes you feel good. Five years to come up with a way to make things better for American citizens can't be to hard to think of. I mean with how dumb all the liberal Dems keep going on about President Trump one would think they have better ideas. Oh also think about how you will pay for it. Nothing is free you know. You have only four years left if your running.
Jan 25, 2020, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSlinkers
It's less than five years of President Trump left now so sit back relax and do your favorite drug or what ever makes you feel good. Five years to come up with a way to make things better for American citizens can't be to hard to think of. I mean with how dumb all the liberal Dems keep going on about President Trump one would think they have better ideas. Oh also think about how you will pay for it. Nothing is free you know. You have only four years left if your running.
More political gaslighting <sigh>.
Jan 25, 2020, 11:25 PM
Government is a fearful master
Quote:
Didn't Dave predict about four months ago that McCabe was going to be indicted any minute and spill the beans and lead to a half dozen going to jail. Lets see, that was 172, 800 minutes ago and no indictment. Instead, a judge ruled that the DOJ had until Nov 15 to charge McCabe or drop the case and turn over the records to FOI request. There was no indictment so it seems that the case was dropped.

Meanwhile, CREW won law suites to get records, which contained several hidden records that some Trump administration officials had disagreed with McCabe's firing.
https://www.citizensforethics.org/la...iring-records/

Since then, the DOJ has argued that McCabe's wrongful termination lawsuit should be dismissed. Good luck with that given that several Trump administration officials disagreed with the firing.

My guess is that McCabe will ultimately win his wrongful termination law suit.
Why weren't you so harsh with BW? He has claimed for years, that Trump was as we speak being denied his last meal and the final nail in the hanging platform had just been driven.
Jan 26, 2020, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electroman7
Why weren't you so harsh with BW? He has claimed for years, that Trump was as we speak being denied his last meal and the final nail in the hanging platform had just been driven.
I believe I've chided BW a time or two. I've chided several on both sides for name calling.

Gaslighting is something different than name calling, it is projecting that others aren't adequate. My belief is that many have their pent up resentments that prompt most of their political identities, but those resentments do not equate to being dumb, stupid, or inadequate.
Jan 26, 2020, 02:31 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Quote:
Not sure exactly what you are talking about, Iím talking about your claim a president is omnipotent, do you think any president should be omnipotent?
Who said that? Trump is playing this well.

Itís disgusting liberals have done this
Jan 26, 2020, 02:36 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Quote:
I believe I've chided BW a time or two. I've chided several on both sides for name calling.

Gaslighting is something different than name calling, it is projecting that others aren't adequate. My belief is that many have their pent up resentments that prompt most of their political identities, but those resentments do not equate to being dumb, stupid, or inadequate.
Wow. It was meant to be an honest comment.
Jan 26, 2020, 08:06 AM
Funny how the Dems lost so much credit yesterday. The final beat down will come tomorrow. Wonder if Tuesday will be needed. Nancy is sure keeping a low profile and Chuck is seeing Russians sitting in his chair that no one else can see.

Quick Reply