This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 23, 2020, 07:32 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Happenings - OMP Hobby T720

OMPHobby T720 RTF (12 min 25 sec)

I purchased a second hand T720 from a well know modeller ..
And having watched his video's I noted something of interest , he was flying and lost an aileron .

Long story short , that T720 ended up being for sale ! Yeah , can you guess who got it ? ..

Anyways !

I remembered that tit bit from the video !
Assembling the T720 , I checked the wings !
And found the right wing rocked back and forth enough for the control lever in the fuse to pop out of the aileron slot !
On close examination , the PLASTIC spar was broken ( See Pictures ) ..
From the way it was broken ( direction ) , I would hazard a guess it may have occurred when the wings were pulled out of the fuse or ............
If the T720 hit the ground and the wing popped out and then force was put on the spar when the wing was hanging lose ...
It's all speculation !

I hit the break with some cyno and it looked to hold well . To add strength I cut some inserts and glued them inside the spar for added strength top and bottom , .... See Pictures .

I like the modular design !
Unfortunately , every last video review I have seen :
The wings or elevators pop off on landing .
I don't think I have seen a single video where this did not happen ..

Anyways , hopefully a simple repair and a functioning toy .
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply