Jan 23, 2020, 07:11 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

AR 930 T Servos incompatible

I have an AR930 t that came with a spektrum radio. I found that none of my many servo and extensions do not fit in the rx sockets. this renders the rx useless for me. Is there a work around or am I doing something wrong?
thanks
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2020, 08:09 PM
Most folks use light sandpaper to make oversize servo plugs fit.

Unfortunately there is no hard standard for servo plugs, as you've found out. Most are "close enough" that a little elbow grease makes them fit.

Andy
Jan 24, 2020, 09:00 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Andy. I'm thinking of maybe modifying the rx ports rather than trying to sand each servo plug.
Jan 24, 2020, 09:37 AM
Folks do that, too. Just remember to note which side is - and which is ~

Andy
Jan 24, 2020, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuka
I have an AR930 t that came with a spektrum radio. I found that none of my many servo and extensions do not fit in the rx sockets. this renders the rx useless for me. Is there a work around or am I doing something wrong?
thanks
This problem started years back
The Spektrum guys wanted to make rx,tx connections which would not wiggle or pull loose and could not be installed incorrectly
It all worked well until the aftermarket and then different vendors and suppliers got involved
The actual differences, dimensionally ,are very small,
I bought some really good quality fingernail boards and use em to refit ends as needed
You want fine, 220 or finer grit
An alternative fix is a sharp #11 blade and shave the edges and angles
This gives a finished, s,mooth result

Quick Reply