Jan 23, 2020, 05:43 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Announcing the New PowerLab Touch Series II

Now taking pre-production orders on REVO USA and REVO Singapore sites.

http://www.revolectrix.com/new_appli...t01.20.20.html
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2020, 01:52 PM
Patrick Randall

Bump for discharge to storage and balance?

I have one of the Series 2 PL8 Touches/Bumps (whatever you call them) on order.
I wonder if it will make "post flying, I've got a few fully charged batteries left" situation easier to handle.
Currently I discharge my 6s at 20A (with custom discharger) each then balance charge them to storage on my CellPro10Ss
Will there be a possible bump setting to achieve this pls?
(I'll probably post this in the other thread too - soryy if this duplicates your effort)
Sep 08, 2020, 05:36 PM
Jamie, I see they are due out anytime, does this month still look possible?
Sep 09, 2020, 01:35 PM
Thread OP
Expecting first deliveries of the Touch products at REVO USA this month. Customer orders will be filled in the order they were received.
Oct 03, 2020, 06:03 PM
Patrick Randall

Any customer received the new touch yet?

It *has* been a while
Oct 05, 2020, 05:39 PM
I've been burned on the pre-order process so many times i just don't do it anymore.
From planes to batteries to spare parts and accessories. I realize this year is unique (hopefully) but i've been holding off buying an additional charge to go along with my current PL8 and Cellpro 10s in hopes that the new version would arrive as originally stated. Ah well such is not the case.
Oct 05, 2020, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossaer
I've been burned on the pre-order process so many times i just don't do it anymore.
From planes to batteries to spare parts and accessories. I realize this year is unique (hopefully) but i've been holding off buying an additional charge to go along with my current PL8 and Cellpro 10s in hopes that the new version would arrive as originally stated. Ah well such is not the case.
I agree. At this point, they extend the estimated the delivery two weeks from the last date. When that day comes, they update their estimate by two weeks. Rinse and repeat. I don't think they know or else they'd be more transparent.
Oct 06, 2020, 12:18 PM
El Heffe,

Yeah they're in a tough spot this year. Suppliers say yep we can deliver on a particular date and don't, covid thing hits pushes everything out of wack, new delivery date....missed and so it goes.
In the mean time everyone who has paid upfront is waiting for what they paid for, not so good.
It seems that the "Pre-Order" process, to me at least, is a way to generate revenue to help finance a new product, .or partially pay for a shipment of existing product that comes in and out of stock. Like i mentioned i no longer pay up front and wait months for the product to arrive. I have on a couple of occasions been put on "waiting lists" where when the product became available i was emailed and asked if i still wanted the item but no money required upfront, i obviously appreciate that type of process much more than the pay and wait scheme.
Oct 06, 2020, 12:33 PM
Patrick Randall
I've had good, *really good*, experiences with Revo over the last 20-odd years - their Cellpro 10Ss have been amazingly good (I have 3) and their batteries long lasting. So, I hope this doesn't hurt them as much as it is hurting us!
Patiently waiting still (but a few honest updates would be nice).

My 30 pack of BumpTags arrived so I can look at them in wonder.

My CCS app is on my iOS devices and I can wonder about that too (no device found)

My 2 x 12v power supplies have been received and modified to make a 24v power supply - it is dormant waiting for the charger..
Last edited by randallp; Oct 06, 2020 at 12:55 PM.
Oct 06, 2020, 01:27 PM
Thread OP
I apologize for the continued delay. At the same time we were getting a new contract manufacturer set up in Batam, Indonesia, the pandemic struck which caused many months in delays in securing components and long delays in shipping. We relay the projections of product availability from information that our CM provides to us. Lately those projections have been a moving target because of delays and changes in supply chain. FMA, who is the managing partner for Revolectrix, has been in business for 35 years, 24 of those as a product designer and direct seller to the R/C market. We have never experienced anything, even remotely close, to this type of situation. We are keeping our site updated as we receive new information.
Oct 06, 2020, 10:16 PM
Randallp,
Yep agreed Revo/Cellpro is good stuff. That is the reason I have not purchased another charger or two in the interim.
Jamie,
Yeah we know stuff happens, twice I waited for Pre-Order planes from a dominant RC mfg. I ended up canceling one order and it took several weeks to secure a refund, this soured/cured me from anymore "Pre-Orders". I don't need to be among the first to receive anything anymore.
In this case frequent and honest updates goes a long way towards keeping your loyal customers loyal and happy. In this age of overnight online orders even waiting for a week seems like forever. Months of waiting.........well that just doesn't set well any longer.
We are still here and waiting not to worry, just keep us informed is all.
Oct 07, 2020, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Marks
I apologize for the continued delay. At the same time we were getting a new contract manufacturer set up in Batam, Indonesia, the pandemic struck which caused many months in delays in securing components and long delays in shipping. We relay the projections of product availability from information that our CM provides to us. Lately those projections have been a moving target because of delays and changes in supply chain. FMA, who is the managing partner for Revolectrix, has been in business for 35 years, 24 of those as a product designer and direct seller to the R/C market. We have never experienced anything, even remotely close, to this type of situation. We are keeping our site updated as we receive new information.
When you said that you would be receiving the chargers in September I assumed that they were "on the boat".

When you then said October I assumed troubles with customs/longshoremen.

I assume that the chargers have not even been built yet at this point.
Oct 07, 2020, 02:50 PM
Thread OP
The chargers are in production now.  The recent delays are the result of components that were scheduled to ship on certain dates from vendors, located mostly in Asia. Shipments from various vendors were delayed on some occasions more than once or twice.  The bill of material for our chargers contains hundreds of parts, all of which come from various vendors worldwide.  Until the CM has all parts in his possession, production doesn't start.  Because of the priority of getting chargers to the states, the products are shipping by air.  We are doing our best to get the new Touch products in your hands ASAP. Thank you for your patience.
Oct 07, 2020, 08:24 PM
Jamie,

What you're experiencing is not unusual and I'm sure I'm not the only who has gone through this more than once with a product launch. I understand small business and the need for cash flow, but perhaps consider some form of a waiting list and contact the customer for payment when the product is ready to ship from the MFG. and not when it is still in the planning "gathering parts" phase of development.
Oct 23, 2020, 08:43 PM
I noticed they stopped giving delivery estimates and simply say "any time" now. My gut tells me they got tired of just upping the date +14 days, but the tiniest part of me hopes it's actually accurate this time. Anyone want to make the call that they won't be delivered in 2020?

Quick Reply