Jan 24, 2020, 09:22 AM
Barney Fife, Vigilante
When I flew Spektrum stuff, I used Lemon receivers. In my testing they were better in range than the Spektrum produced receivers at the time (when the DX9 was new)

I never had any issues with them at all. All of my issues with that system were with the transmitter.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2020, 09:26 AM
Time for me to Fly...
Thread OP
I've got some funny things happening with my transmitter right now too. Of course, it's the one I sent in for a simple repair but came back with new firmware. Their firmware/compatibility issues are getting tiresome and I've only been flying Spektrum for one year.
Latest blog entry: The latest and greatest
Jan 24, 2020, 09:27 AM
Time for me to Fly...
Thread OP
Thanks for all the replies, everyone. I think I'll order a couple and give them a try.
Jan 24, 2020, 09:29 AM
Time for me to Fly...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwimbish
If the cap is causing a thickness problem, why not clip the legs and solder in an extention to move it out of the way?

You could place it at the end of the board so that total thickness would only be the width of the cap.

Or you could just switch to a different re eiver for the CX5...

Wayne

Btw, while I now have a Graupner MZ-24 and a Taranis X9+, I am still flying my trusty Atx SD-10G and probably will until it finally dies. Sometimes, if it ain't broke don't fix it works fine.
Jan 24, 2020, 11:17 AM
Been using them in my helis up tp 700 size and airplanes of all types for years now.

Only cheaper than spektrum since they don't have a huge corporation they need to feed profitability into

To talk about about failures on your 1k airplane is kinda silly.
I fly them on 4k plus helis that can be lethal.
There are tons of failure points on all of our aircraft.

If you are that worried, stick with rc cars.

Lemon rx are also not clones of spektrum. They are only using the same protocol.
No one owns a certain protocol.
The design is different inside. Open one up.
Last edited by Thickfog; Jan 25, 2020 at 06:53 PM.
Jan 24, 2020, 11:41 AM
Even more diffrent now as the chip supplyer the both used went out of buissness, from what i understand anyways....
Jan 24, 2020, 01:16 PM
Deleted.
Last edited by i_am_mark_evans; Jan 29, 2020 at 05:47 AM.
Jan 24, 2020, 01:28 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Thread OP
For what it's worth, my good friend had a lockout with his AR-410 equipped DLG last summer. Fortunately, the plane went down somewhat softly and was easily repaired. He replaced it with another AR-410 and has had no problems since. So from where I'm standing, unless someone here has had a bad experience with a Lemon RX then they are probably just about as good as anything else. In any case, I've ordered a couple. I'll do some range checking before I fly.
Last edited by Mr. Wiz; Jan 24, 2020 at 05:24 PM.
Jan 24, 2020, 02:18 PM
The Lemon RX are as good or better than the Spektrum, especially when it comes to cost. Folks often do a lot of fear mongering between the two brands and truthfully, there have been several Spektrum receiver failures in my club.

One was several years ago where the plane in the air ( DX8 I believe TX ) lost its lock to the other pilots DX 8 and attached itself partially to my DX9. As my plane did turns, etc so did the other plane. The owner mentioned to me several weeks later his Spektrum receiver was bad.

Everything fails at some point and everyone has a failure at some point. Take a close look at the quality work on the Lemon RX and it is easy to see these are not hack jobs in a sweat shop or basement. The Lemons are quality gear at an excellent price.
Jan 24, 2020, 09:27 PM
FF lift master...sometimes
I tested the cheap 5 for $40 Lemon 6-channel for a cheap radio dethermalizer for free flight. Tested at least 1 mile range 6 feet above the ground, with rock solid signal based on the Rx LED. This was with an all balsa plane. Several flyers in our FF club are successfully using this system for dethermalizers.

HOWEVER, HOWEVER, the 6 channel Lemon Rx with diversity antenna (LM0034) was COMPLETELY INTOLERANT of BEING NEAR CARBON. I tried to use it in my BAMF, but no antenna orientation worked very well, even with the antennas outside the nose. There were many orientations where I couldn't come close to passing a range check.

I tried 2 different of these Lemon Rx's, and the results were poor for both.

I put in an old Spektrum 6255 Rx and it passed range check in all orientations, and I haven't had any issues in the air.

My preference would have been to use the newer Spektrum AR 410, but this BAMF has the servos very far forward so it wouldn't fit. (I inquired on this forum about its size decased, made a balsa mockup, and confirmed that there was no way it would fit.

--Bill
Last edited by Rewinged; Jan 25, 2020 at 12:29 AM.
Jan 24, 2020, 11:35 PM
Rewinged:
Thanks for that info. I have the diversity receiver. Maybe Lufo didn't and that's why he had better luck with his Elf, since the boom is carbon and runs all the way to the nose. Plus, there's a carbon d-tube and cap strips.

Lupo:
Were you using a 1s battery?
Jan 25, 2020, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln
Rewinged:
Thanks for that info. I have the diversity receiver. Maybe Lufo didn't and that's why he had better luck with his Elf, since the boom is carbon and runs all the way to the nose. Plus, there's a carbon d-tube and cap strips.

Lupo:
Were you using a 1s battery?
In my ELF I use a small 120 mAh 2s; I have used a 1s but I prefer 2s. Reason being are the servos and receiver just seem to behave much better, especially as the voltage begins to sag or drop. I know a lot pilots prefer 1s but I am not in that crowd of on the edge pilots.

On my ELF I use this receiver from Lemon, don't know that it has a proper part number though..

Lemon 6 ch

edit:: at one time I had tried the newer Spektrum AR410 ( with the big cap ) and while it worked flawlessly, the ELF/410 did not seem to have the same 'feel' in the air as the ELF/Lemon; I prefer the Lemon and went back to it.
Last edited by Lufo; Jan 25, 2020 at 08:42 AM.
Jan 25, 2020, 10:56 AM
I've got one coming to give it a try,but it seems this is a 1s Rx. Check spec here.
https://www.lemon-rx.com/index.php?r...product_id=132
Cary
Jan 25, 2020, 12:26 PM
FF lift master...sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadFlopper
I've got one coming to give it a try,but it seems this is a 1s Rx. Check spec here.
https://www.lemon-rx.com/index.php?r...product_id=132
Cary
That's the model that was intolerant of carbon for me. I tried 2 of them. I was running a fully charged 1s for my tests.
Jan 25, 2020, 01:47 PM
Everything is broken
I just took a look at Lemon's website and it seems they've eliminated the Rx I've been using (LM0022, five for $40). That's unfortunate. They were affordable and worked flawlessly for me.

Quick Reply