Jan 22, 2020, 01:51 PM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
Thread OP
New Product

Limited Edition JTA Innovations Gamebird

Getting down to the last few! The limited edition Volcano scheme designed by Matt Stringer is available on the JTA Innovations 33” Gamebird for a short time! www.jtainnovations.com

The JTA Innovations 33” Gamebird 6mm EPP foamy was released spring of 2019 and gained a lot of immediate popularity due to it’s unique yet scale appearance. Aside from the looks, the flight characteristics are something not usually seen in a foamy this size. Unlimited indoor capabilities make it an optimal choice for any level of pilot, and having most of the flight testing be done outdoors (some in high winds) it is an excellent choice for a backyard flyer.

Introduced late 2019, the new construction technique for the JTA 6mm lineup has performed flawlessly so far and has without a doubt increased overall strength and flight performance. The use of flat carbon fiber has greatly reduced flex in the wings, ailerons, fuselage, and stabs. Not only does it make the airplane more durable during impact, it increases consistency in flight performance with less flex. The Volcano GB has this new construction featured.

SETUP (T-Motor, ESC, and props available at JTA Innovations)
Recommended Equipment
Motor: T-Motor AT2303 2300
ESC: 10-15 amp
Servos: 6-12g (MKS HV6100 highly recommended)
Propeller: 8”-9” (APC 3D SF Indoor props highly recommended)
Battery: 2S or 3S 300-700mAh (depending on motor/ESC setup)
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2020, 06:11 AM
I've been slowly assembling mine for a couple weeks now. I like the looks of this bird, but one thing I don't like. I've been using Foam Tac to put all the 6mm CF stiffeners in the foam and when wiping off the glue that splooged out its been removing some of the ink/paint making it look kind of crappy. I wished I had use CA for this part but I really hate using CA on EPP foam, just not as durable as Foam Tac. It's not a big deal to me since it's all on the underneath side so you would mostly see it when flying and then you're not going to notice it so much anyway, just letting others know so they can make their own choice of adhesive. Since it's winter and too cold to fly I'm really taking my time with the build. One other last piece of advice, this isn't a simple build so if you're looking at this as a newer foamie guy just be prepared to be extra careful and take your time and you'll be ok with it.
Jan 29, 2020, 06:03 AM
The build is coming along. I'm at the point of mounting the LG and trying to figure out where it goes. The directions say there is a cutout in the fuse but in mine there is no cutout and no indication of where to attach the two reinforcement plates. I'd like to mount the LG but I may forget about it. I don't usually use them on these smaller foamies but I like the design of this LG and would like to use it. I'll have some time next week to finish this and will figure it out then.
Jan 30, 2020, 02:46 AM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carinteriorguy
The build is coming along. I'm at the point of mounting the LG and trying to figure out where it goes. The directions say there is a cutout in the fuse but in mine there is no cutout and no indication of where to attach the two reinforcement plates. I'd like to mount the LG but I may forget about it. I don't usually use them on these smaller foamies but I like the design of this LG and would like to use it. I'll have some time next week to finish this and will figure it out then.
My recommendation would be to determine at which point you would like your landing gear to be located forward and back. Then, cut a rectangular slot where you wish to have the gear go through the fuse. Next, place the gear plates over that rectangular cut out on each side and run the landing gear legs through them. You can adjust height and distance apart before glueing the gear into the horizontal part of the airframe. This photo may help.
Jan 30, 2020, 05:53 AM
Thanks Jase. That's pretty much exactly what I've done. Worked fine.

Quick Reply