RCGroups Place of the Month - Hobby Haven

This month's featured Place is Hobby Haven located in Urbandale, Iowa. This hobby shop has been around since 1973!

Splash

RCGroups January Place of the Month

Every month we like to feature a group from our Places page. There are literally thousands of Places listed, pointing out sites like flying fields, hobby shops, race tracks and boat ponds all over the world. The RC Map is a great way to find a new place near you and meet some new friends.

This month's featured Place is Hobby Haven located in Urbandale, Iowa. This hobby shop has been around since 1973! They have 8800 square feet of space filled with radio controlled hobby products and more. You'll find model trains, radio controlled cars, radio controlled planes, rocket kits, slot cars, model kits, kites, hobbyist's supplies, decals, paints, tools, and everything else to make your leisure time more enjoyable.

They also take orders and can ship 5 days a week all over the country. They have a friendly and knowledgeable staff with over 150 years combined experience to assist you with your needs. Be sure to stop by for a visit if you are in the area.

Check out the Hobby Haveb Places Page Here

Jan 22, 2020, 04:36 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Now that's a hobby shop!
Jan 23, 2020, 11:57 AM
It is a great store. Made the 2 hour drive from Cedar Rapids several times. I still sometime regret not buying that C-130 that was hanging from the ceiling... wonder if it is still there.
Jan 24, 2020, 03:36 PM
Nice hobby shop. But I just checked RcG listed flying sites and hobby shops in Orange County and about 90% don’t exist. Hobby People? Long gone!
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
Jan 24, 2020, 05:15 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Yeah the old ones stay there for legacy and historical info. There's usually a note saying the shop or place is closed.
Jan 25, 2020, 02:52 AM

C130

Last time I looked it was still there.
Feb 05, 2020, 04:21 PM

From Iowa, I got my firs RC at this shop

I grew up in Des Moines, and I have visited this place many times. I got my first RS buggy there and anytime I go back there from my current home in Chicagoland I always spend money on parts and new planes they are very friendly and helpful if you can not find something.

Quick Reply