Jan 21, 2020, 09:11 PM
Nonflammable?ChallengeAcc epted
Thread OP
Help!

Matek FCHUB-6S and BoomStopper or SmokeStopper: False Positive?

Hello folks,

To make a very long story short, I'm building my first quadcopter and managed to somehow cook an ESC (or it was faulty to begin with) during the building/testing process. I removed the faulty ESC. Then to help me trouble-shoot, I got a BoomStopper from HK and began to remove/disconnect components one by one until the light on the BoomStopper indicated there was no longer a short - but it always lit (and it lit immediately - as soon as a lipo was connected). Finally, as a test I soldered an XT60 connector onto a brand new Matek FCHUB-6S PDB and the BoomStopper lit, even though no components were connected to the PDB. As a point of information - my muti-meter did not indicate any continuity (short) on the original board or the brand new one.

So, now I am scratching my head. Is the BoomStopper giving me a false positive, is my multi-meter giving me a false negative, or do I perhaps have two faulty FCHUB-6S PDBs? I'll tell you this for free - when I finally had every last component de-soldered or disconnected and the light still illuminated I was ready to grab my biggest hammer. Then when the naked PDB lit the BoomStopper I thought "I guess I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing and no understanding of how these electronics work..."

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by Discos_Dead; Jan 25, 2020 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Selected Discussion instead of Help!
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply