This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 21, 2020, 06:40 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

A new bag of fertiliser in the hanger !

The XK A600 = Bag of Fertiliser !

Hmmmm ! Opening the box !

It is light , reasonably made .

BUTT and it's a huge BUTT ( Bigger than that )

The Tx is garbage ,,

Moving the sticks you go from no control surface movement to suddenly all the control surface movement

Oh dear ! I had a real bad feeling going to my CG test area ...

And that bad feeling was confirmed when I crashed the XK A600 over and over again failing to achieve anything near 10 seconds of flight time . Don't get me wrong , the XK A600 flew just fine in a straight line . But when you wanted to turn it just hunted Terrafirma . This is exactly the same issue as I had with the XK A800 with the factory Tx , only the XK A600 is like 10 times worse .

After sufficiently breaking the XK A600 to the point that I was left with no delusions about being able to fly the XK A600 I packed the broken parts into a pocket and headed home . ( Some foam bits were left behind ) ..
Conclusion = PITA ( Pain In The Asp )

Pictured is the XK A600 after repairs ...

Enter the Dragon ! ( Sorry no , just the Jumper T12 )

Jumper T12 and SFHSS ( Futaba Protocol )

Thankfully the bind process is relatively Painless !
The Rx board has a button on its side ..
Just power up the XK A600 and then push the button ( Max )
Now start the bind process in the Tx ( SFHSS ) Multi protocol or Futaba .

Thing to remember is = The XK transmitters send out a bind signal on start up ..
So every time you want to fly , you need to start by doing a bind .. ( Remember that )

Chalk and Cheese

The difference is monumental .
With the Jumper T12 I get a hell of a lot more control surface deflection .
Also I get nice smooth even surface deflection . Making small fine movements possible , or full deflection if needed .
It is like night and day . I have not flown with the T12 yet , especially as there is a Gale blowing again .
But when the wind backs off I will be out with the Xk A600 again to see the difference .

XK A600 out of the box = Bag of Fertiliser !
XK A600 bound to the T12 = Have to wait and see .
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply