2020 Pacific Northwest Aerotow Schedule

Here is info on the 2020 Pacific Northwest Aerotow from RCGroups.com user dgliderguy...

Splash

Pacific Northwest Aerotow Schedule

Yet another great aerotow season lies in wait for us impatient scale sailplane fans, who are brimming with anticipation for the coming 2020 Pacific Northwest Aerotow cavalcade of fun!

The aerotow events shown here are for the Pacific Northwest, including Washington, Oregon, Northern CA, and British Columbia. As the schedule matures, revisions and additions will be inserted here on this Post #1. Event hosts, please chime in, as your plans firm up on the calendar.

Please feel free to add posts to this thread with additional information or queries on an ongoing basis. This is the place to ask for details, such as directions and accommodations, from our veteran attenders. Remember, all dates are subject to change, so check back and review this thread often. See all you glider addicts at the segelflugschleppens throughout the 2020 season.

Don Bailey, aerotow junkie "If you don't care about rising air, you're square, mon frere"

• April 25 (Sat only) Molalla Radio Control Assn (MRCA), Molalla OR (Jim Gibson, CD)
  • May 1-3 (Fri-Sat-Sun) Cumulus Aerotow, Othello WA (Wil Byers, CD)
  • June 19-21 (Fri-Sat-Sun) Vernon BC (Greg Davis, CD)
  • June 28 (Sat only) MRCA Field, Molalla OR (Jim Gibson, CD)
  • July 18 (Sat only) PASS Woodburn Dusters Field, Woodburn OR (Jim Gibson, CD)
  • July 24-26 (Fri-Sat-Sun) Agassiz BC (Dave Smith, CD)
  • Aug 14-16 (Fri-Sat-Sun) Hot Lift Aerotow, Othello WA (Wil Byers, CD)
  • Aug 21-23 (Fri-Sat-Sun) PASS 3-day Woodburn Dusters Field, Woodburn OR (Jim Gibson, CD)
  • Sept 12 (Sat only) PASS Woodburn Dusters Field, Woodburn OR (Jim Gibson, CD)

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Jan 24, 2020 at 09:55 AM..
Jan 31, 2020, 10:55 AM
subscribing
Feb 15, 2020, 01:41 PM
If anyone is looking for a local scale 6M ship:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...F#post43829853
Feb 17, 2020, 10:43 AM
Please check your personal messages

Norm Whittle
Feb 17, 2020, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhittleN
Please check your personal messages

Norm Whittle
Norm, if your post is directed towards me, I don't have any PMs from you. I did however receive an email and responded yesterday (Sunday) AM.

--Rob
Feb 18, 2020, 10:42 AM
Rskiba
Yes it was. The only message I received was from Dave.
Yes I confused personal message and e mail. If I end up with your Shark, Dave should get a commission.- good salesman

Norm
Feb 18, 2020, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rskiba
If anyone is looking for a local scale 6M ship:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...F#post43829853
Thanks guys - the Shark is sold.
Mar 29, 2020, 02:46 PM

Vernon Aerotow - CANCELLED

Gents,

MAAC has asked that we cancel all "open" events that are scheduled before July 1. I was pretty much assuming this would happen but was hopeful that we might see some quick improvement.....NOT happening :-(

At this point Agassiz is still on the calendar. Keep your fingers crossed; it could be the season opener!

Dave Smith (for Greg Davis)
Mar 29, 2020, 03:37 PM
Where's the lift?
Thread OP
Wow! So this is what the end of the world looks like……!

(...my all-time favorite event...!)
Mar 29, 2020, 03:53 PM
You would't want to camp in one corner of the field for 2 weeks just so you could come out and fly on the 15th day? I wonder what the tourist industry will look like? I guess we are all going to need medical certificates! I'm missing you and hoping everyone will be with us when the fun resumes.
Mar 31, 2020, 07:05 PM
Hunting for bubbles of lift
Bummer deal
Mar 31, 2020, 07:30 PM
Guys, we will keep an eye on how things are going and of course will re-instate if it makes sense!

DS

Quick Reply