FPV Combat Coming Soon!

If the title doesn't get you excited I don't know what will. FPV combat has been a dream for a long time, but it looks like that dream will soon be a reality.

Splash

Get Ready for a New Level of FPV

If the title doesn't get you excited I don't know what will. FPV combat has been a dream for a long time, but it looks like that dream will soon be a reality. If you've ever wanted to do some dogfighting like a real fighter pilot, you'll be very interested to watch the video below and learn more about this combat system.

It starts with a custom electronics board that can be installed on just about anything. It ties into your FPV and RC system to offer control and OSD elements into the video feed. You'll be able to see on screen info like lives remaining, ammo count and more. It works with high power IR LED's with up to a 30M range in daytime and over 50M range in the dark. You can fire at other aircraft with the system installed and see simulated bullets in your video feed. Make a hit and the control board can affect flight functions like killing the motor, setting off LED's or even smoke. It's like a real life video game. It sure sounds and looks like a ton of fun.

RCGroups member ioteo is the creator and has a thread on the system you can follow for more information. He says units should be available in the coming months!

Follow the FPV Combat Thread Here

Jan 20, 2020, 02:49 PM
Retired US Navy
We are already doing it but with streamers on our planes.

Different classes, Apprentice class is the slowest but actually the most fun. It's amazing how aerobatic an Apprentice can be. 1200 War Bird class with the Flight Line Spitfire, Seafury, Bearcat etc get faster but it's hard to get a kill. Unlimited class, I'm flying a hoped up Strega on 5S, just crazy...

We've been looking for an electronic system.
Jan 20, 2020, 03:07 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Nice! Yeah streamers are good start, but I’m really looking forward to seeing how this electronic system works.
Jan 20, 2020, 03:17 PM
Retired US Navy
Agreed, our only way is really an attack from behind and this would add a lot.
Jan 21, 2020, 01:35 PM
This is awesome, I'm in!

I hope it goes to production for this flying season.
Jan 22, 2020, 08:52 PM
FPV Air Combat Nut!
Can’t wait to try out the laser tag system with my FPV buddies...

FPV Dogfight: Spitfire vs F-14 Tomcat (7 min 5 sec)

Quick Reply