Jan 19, 2020, 06:23 PM
Trader Rating: 65
A.K.A. Superjet112x
Thread OP
Discussion

Why

Why do people here, bid you down on your items, then don't want to go through with the deal they made?, all this BS ,which happens all the time, makes me not even want to attempt to sell here anymore.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2020, 06:35 PM
Trader Rating: 333
they want it for free ,are dreamers and have no money
Jan 19, 2020, 07:11 PM
Trader Rating: 10
Some may figure you'll get back to them with an even lower offer. Of course why would anyone do that, when they could first try just reducing their original advertised price to somewhere in between. Reminds me of those guys responding to an ad posted less than 1 hour ago at $100 + shipping, asking if the seller will do $75 shipped. What I would do is wait to see if someone else is interested. Make them an offer even lower than they chiseling guy offered, and then post sold to so and so for $xx. Leave the thread open so the upset chiseler can respond and complain. They tell them the buyer offered the even lower offer and you accepted, while they never got back to you.
Jan 19, 2020, 09:32 PM
Trader Rating: 169
Skatin on thin ice of "banned"
I'm on my way to the Classifieds right now, where I plan to haggle somebody, without mercy, about the price of their item. I'll be relentless until I get them to knock off 65% of the asking price. Then I won't buy it.

Jan 19, 2020, 09:42 PM
Trader Rating: 3
Old new guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDSHEAR II
I'm on my way to the Classifieds right now, where I plan to haggle somebody, without mercy, about the price of their item. I'll be relentless until I get them to knock off 65% of the asking price. Then I won't buy it.

That would be less painful than the font you use. hahahaha.
Jan 20, 2020, 12:57 AM
Trader Rating: 66
Ouch! thats gotta be a painfull statement to an Clemson football fan after lose to LSU in championship game
Jan 20, 2020, 01:38 AM
Trader Rating: 114
Commander Missle Silo One
My price is almost always low to begin with. I just say NO. Its very simple. If they dont recognize a good price, then they dont get to buy it. The NO always shuts them down. Yes I would like to sell it, but I wont give it away to some low baller. I will keep it, or throw it way before I do that. That is just way I feel.
Jan 20, 2020, 06:51 AM
Trader Rating: 1
Who let the dogs out?
@sagomon
John I've not been getting replies to emails I've sent to you - I sent another this morning, could you check if it arrived please? No problem if you're no longer interested, I just want to update my lists.
Cheers
Phil
Jan 20, 2020, 08:44 AM
Trader Rating: 76
W4BYE, FAA 107 Certified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assasin 1
Why do people here, bid you down on your items, then don't want to go through with the deal they made?, all this BS ,which happens all the time, makes me not even want to attempt to sell here anymore.
Their wants exceed their means and they engage the keyboard before engaging their brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX
Good one there X
Jan 20, 2020, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX

What do you have against the "font" that I use, Comic Sans MS by the way. What did that poor little font ever do to you? Perhaps backed out of a deal and left you hanging?

If it's my AVITAR that you have a problem with, that I can understand. Since (insert ANY Texas collegiate team here) didn't even make the playoffs, I can see why you would hate on those teams that did. But Clemson was there, and most likely will be AGAIN next year. Instead of hating on Clemson, you might wanna focus more on OKLAHOMA, since the Sooners did "sweep" your entire state...I mean, Republic.
Oh yeah...Ha Ha Ha Ha

Clemson Fan
Jan 20, 2020, 10:09 AM
Trader Rating: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDSHEAR II

What do you have against the "font" that I use, Comic Sans MS by the way. What did that poor little font ever do to you? Perhaps backed out of a deal and left you hanging?

If it's my AVITAR that you have a problem with, that I can understand. Since (insert ANY Texas collegiate team here) didn't even make the playoffs, I can see why you would hate on those teams that did. But Clemson was there, and most likely will be AGAIN next year. Instead of hating on Clemson, you might wanna focus more on OKLAHOMA, since the Sooners did "sweep" your entire state...I mean, Republic.
Oh yeah...Ha Ha Ha Ha

Clemson Fan
Well nobody even remotely indicated that highly presumptuous notion, but FWIW it's spelled "AVATAR".
Jan 20, 2020, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiArf
Well nobody even remotely indicated that highly presumptuous notion, but FWIW it's spelled "AVATAR".
And you should insert a comma after the word "well", and another after the acronym "FWIW". Or am I being highly presumptuous that you prefer your sentences to be the "run on" variety?
Must be an Ohio State fan.
Jan 20, 2020, 11:03 AM
Trader Rating: 152
Build a scale plane already!!!
Woah woah woah,,, don't drag us useless nuts into this
Jan 20, 2020, 01:31 PM
Trader Rating: 55
AMA 8855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assasin 1
It’s called “shopping”. They have expressed an interest, whether that interest is to grind you down to a price they can afford or just to mess with you it’s still called “shopping”.
99% of casual sales are done by non professionals who are in the market to rid themselves of what is no longer considered useful in their realm.
Nonprofessional being the key word and they don’t have knowledge of any sales code to which they have to adhere so it’s just party on and ethics be damned. That’s where the games begin and sometimes end with either or both parties pissed off or satisfied with the deal or somewhere in between.
Either way it’s still called “shopping”
Latest blog entry: Greyhound Express
Jan 20, 2020, 02:47 PM
Trader Rating: 152
Build a scale plane already!!!
No, it's not shopping,, unless when you go shopping you bring you items to the register, ask for a discount,, then when the manager say ok we can do that,, you walk out of the store without buying,,

It's annoying these days for sure,,,, too many non buyers that just troll the ads and make lowball offers and/or ask a million questions when they have no real intent to buy anything,,

It's getting old

Quick Reply