Jan 19, 2020, 06:14 PM
Thread OP
Question

UMX AS3X Scratchbuild

Hey guys!

I have UMX Radian guts laying around but I am not sure what to do about the AS3X. Is there a way around the gyros or is it able to transfer without issue to a different airframe?

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2020, 08:45 PM
There is an as3x programmer for the umx planes. It's part number spma3060 with this you can do things like tune the gain for the gyro reverse the direction or put it on a switch to turn on and off or just turn it off completely. There's a great thread somewhere on here about how to go about it if you fly a lot of the umx I would recommend it just because how quick the servos traces wear out on the board when using the gyro every flight.
Jan 19, 2020, 09:33 PM
Thread OP
Thanks so much!
Jan 19, 2020, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by microwhoop
There is an as3x programmer for the umx planes..
Not all UMX Rx's are programmable. I doubt that the Radian one is. But an intro to the programming is in

https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/..._Manual_EN.pdf
Jan 20, 2020, 12:36 AM
Yes the radian is programmable I opened the canopy and put the gyro on a switch before my first flight with mine the idea of a gyro on a sailplane makes no sense to me.

I believe any as3x brick that doesn't have safe can be programmed with that programmer and it seems the safe boards can be programmed with their as3x programmer meant for larger receivers as someone posted in this micro section about making an adapter cable and setting something on their cub with safe. I believe the umx safe boards were somewhat limited in their programming though I can't quite remember as I have no experience with the safe boards.

Edit:here's the thread about programming it's more in depth because the software spektrum gives out now is really nerfed and this is for the more capable programming software.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...mming-Settings
Last edited by microwhoop; Jan 20, 2020 at 01:17 AM.
Jan 24, 2020, 09:55 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Appreciate those links.

I just stuck an AS6410L board in an Eachine Mini Mustang mounted inverted (linear servos on the down side) and I do know know if the gyros will work correctly in that fashion or not.

I have a USB programming cable on the way, but I have much to learn still. The AS6410L owner's manual is worthless with 90% being warranty and warning info and the rest binding info. I also have a brushless motor version of the board (AS6410NBL) and have the more informative manual for the latter, but do not know if the info for it applies to the brushed motor AS3X board or not.
Last edited by AirDOGGe; Jan 24, 2020 at 10:00 PM.
Jan 25, 2020, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by microwhoop

...I believe any as3x brick that doesn't have safe can be programmed with that programmer...
Not the AS3X receiver bricks from the UM AS3Xtra (and probably the Yak-54 as well). Apparently tbose receivers are "locked".
Jan 25, 2020, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benz11
Not the AS3X receiver bricks from the UM AS3Xtra (and probably the Yak-54 as well). Apparently tbose receivers are "locked".
Yep this is correct, they re-did the software for the 3d plane. I believe this the only non safe board that isn't programmable. I should've mentioned this in my other post.
Jan 25, 2020, 09:57 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Just ordered another AS6410L for $40 (1/3rd off retail). If the P-51 works out then this is going into a Volantex Sport or Super Cub (haven't decided which...I have one of each). Only outdoor micro flying at mostly windy sites available to me these days, so AS3X is a must.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AS6410L-6-C...0AAOSw5T9d9pcj

Does anyone know what the specs for the ESC are, please? Documentation for these are minimal. I know the brushless version is 4.9A (AS6410NBL) , but I can't find jack on the brushed version.
Last edited by AirDOGGe; Jan 28, 2020 at 11:57 PM. Reason: re-posted

Quick Reply