This thread is privately moderated by Xform, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 19, 2020, 12:39 PM
Trader Rating: 4
Micro Heli Flying
Thread OP
$200.00 USD
Seller Pays Shipping
For Sale

Spirit FBL and Geolink with Rescue Mode and GPS

Up for sale is a Spirit FBL Flybarless System and the Spirit Geolink. This Spirit FBL is used, but in perfect condition and working perfectly. The Geolink is also used, but it is working perfectly as well and looks brand new. Neither of the units have ever been in a crash. I used this FBL in my Trex 470L and I used it on other helicopters too and I love how it performs in the air and how it feels in the air. The settings are also pretty easy to adjust, yet, there are plenty of settings and fun things you can do with this flybarless system.

The Geolink is a GPS unit which is compatible with all Spirit Models. This is quite an interesting unit. When used with the Spirit Flybarless controller, you can make for an almost uncrashable helicopter. You can set boundaries on how far you can fly, how high, and how low you can fly. When you turn the boundaries on, if your helicopter gets beyond the boundaries, you wouldn't be able to fly any further. Furthermore, if you are getting too close to your preset low limit, the Spirit FBL can be programmed to do an auto rescue. There are also many other features you can do with this unit including return to home, tracking your speed, altitude, direction, etc... New features are also being added which are available in the form of a firmware update.

Right now, I am using the Geolink in my Blade 360 CFX. It works really well and surely works as advertised. I am selling it because I am in college now and don't have time to fly. The Geolink has been used less than 30 flights and has never been in a crash. It is practically new.

You will need a Spirit Flybarless Unit and a Spirit Flybarless Unit Programming Cable to use this product.

The purchase will come with the Geolink and the cable it came with that plugs into the Spirit FBL.

Thanks for checking out my listing. If you have any questions, let me know.

My favorite thing about this flybarless system is the automatic rescue feature. With this feature, whenever you are about to crash the helicopter or if you are losing control, you can program a switch on your controller which when activated, will flip the helicopter into an upright position and apply positive pitch. There are also different rescue modes you can use including modes where you can make the helicopter fly like a fixed pitch or even coaxial helicopter. The rescue feature alone will save you hundreds of dollars. If you just prevent one crash, it can very well pay for itself. I found the auto rescue feature really easy to set up. I didn't have to tune anything or mess with a bunch of settings. On my first try with it, it just worked and it worked perfectly.

Another feature I love is the Geolink compatibility. The Geolink allows you to use GPS features which include return to home, setting an upper and lower limit to where if you fly beyond than that limit, the rescue feature will engage automatically. With the lower limit setting, you can enable it once you are in the air and set it so the helicopter will auto rescue of you accidentally get below that limit. With this feature, the helicopter is virtually uncrashable due to pilot error. You can also set limits on how far you can fly, track and view your speed, altitude, and much more. Additional features are being added and will be available with just a firmware update.

To use this Spirit FBL, you will need the Spirit FBL USB Programming Cable which if you don't already have, you can buy it from Spirit. You can own just one cable and use it on every Spirit FBL you own.

You will also need a satellite receiver for the radio of your choice. For instance, I am using Spektrum so I use the Spektrum 4649t satellite receiver. You can find more information about what receiver to use on Helifreak or RC Groups.

Lastly, you will need some gyro mounting tape to mount the FBL on your helicopter.

This Flybarless controller is priced very reasonbly for what you get. Spirit regurarily updates the firmware for the flight controller and you can download it directly from Spirit. Furthermore, their customer support is one of the best there is. If you ever want to ask questions about anything regarding the Spirit FBL, Thomas, the head person of the company will answer them directly.

I actually would have kept this flybarless unit for myself, but I am going to college and don't have time to fly anymore.

Thank you for checking out my listing. Let me know if you have any questions about this or any other of my listings.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2020, 02:59 PM
Trader Rating: 17
PM Sent

Quick Reply