Jan 18, 2020, 09:36 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Question about RC

Hello everyone I'm looking for my first RC car but I just saw that the Crawler are so expensive.
I want to buy a RC 9125 or a WLtoys 12428, can I change the top of the car I mean the plastic for other that's looks like a crawler or something like that.

My budget is $130 to $160.

Thanks so much
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2020, 10:07 PM
One of the most important thing to research is make sure there is a good selection of parts available. Its a bummer deal when you buy a RC car just to discover there isn't many parts available. Redcat has affordable crawlers and I honestly believe they have really stepped up their game with a ton of parts available.
Jan 19, 2020, 05:28 AM
Get a HSP or RGT 1/10.
They usually have better electronics.
Spare parts are plenty too.
Jan 19, 2020, 10:47 AM
A perfect entry level monster truck would probably be the 1:10 9125 because of so many parts readily available and it’s only in the range of $100-125 for it.
Jan 19, 2020, 12:57 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
im confused OP.
you stated rock crawlers are too expensive then list a car thats more of a "racer" as an option.

what do you want? a crawler, a basher, a racer? they are all different animals.
Jan 19, 2020, 04:33 PM
It is easy to be confused at first by the range of rc cars on the market and what their intended use is . Here are a few that seem to be roughly what you might be looking for.
1 Rock Crawler
These are generally the slowest and designed to traverse the most difficult terrain possible , they literally crawl over rocky ground with long suspension travel and ability to climb the steepest gradients .There are competitive race meetings with both purpose made and natural courses .

2 Rock Racers
These are faster but still designed for more serious off roar , these can be raced on more demanding terrain tracks , still have long suspension travel but are higher geared to go faster .There are competitive purpose made race tracks for this class of car .

3 Monster trucks
These are big wheeled robustly built but much faster generally , less designed for a comparative race class and more aimed at just having fun driving or "Bashing" as its known .

There are far more classes but these three are the ones closest to what you are asking , the 12428 is a rock racer for instance , it has good suspension travel and is quite quick .
If you could select what class you are interested in we can give better advice .
Jan 19, 2020, 09:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91254x4
A perfect entry level monster truck would probably be the 1:10 9125 because of so many parts readily available and itís only in the range of $100-125 for it.

HI, how many battery's do you have for the 9125, I like this car because is 1/10 and it's cheap but the battery makes me doubt.

A few questions,
1- How long does the battery last?
2- Which battery do you recommend to buy?
Jan 19, 2020, 09:23 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadio
It is easy to be confused at first by the range of rc cars on the market and what their intended use is . Here are a few that seem to be roughly what you might be looking for.
1 Rock Crawler
These are generally the slowest and designed to traverse the most difficult terrain possible , they literally crawl over rocky ground with long suspension travel and ability to climb the steepest gradients .There are competitive race meetings with both purpose made and natural courses .

2 Rock Racers
These are faster but still designed for more serious off roar , these can be raced on more demanding terrain tracks , still have long suspension travel but are higher geared to go faster .There are competitive purpose made race tracks for this class of car .

3 Monster trucks
These are big wheeled robustly built but much faster generally , less designed for a comparative race class and more aimed at just having fun driving or "Bashing" as its known .

There are far more classes but these three are the ones closest to what you are asking , the 12428 is a rock racer for instance , it has good suspension travel and is quite quick .
If you could select what class you are interested in we can give better advice .
I love the Crawlers but are expensive for my right now. For now I want a 9125 or something like that, what I'm looking for its: RC 1/10, That I can buy replacement parts, and have a good parts.
Also my budget is $100-$150.

I live in Costa Rica and here the RC are so damn expensive, so I have to buy it in Amazon and send it to my country
Jan 20, 2020, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeckTico
HI, how many battery's do you have for the 9125, I like this car because is 1/10 and it's cheap but the battery makes me doubt.

A few questions,
1- How long does the battery last?
2- Which battery do you recommend to buy?

One stock battery 1600 mah 2s lasts about 13-15 and thatís in high with full throttle pretty much for duration.

Iím buying a battery adapter though so I can run 2 stock batteries for longer run time. (Know the risks obviously of doing this - ESC issues, gear strips but weíll see)
Jan 21, 2020, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeckTico
I love the Crawlers but are expensive for my right now.
Get a used Everest 10 from the states ...thats a real crawler , you pay around 100-150 bucks for it and you can upgrade it in the going. Dont waste your cash on a 9125....they are toys.
BTW battery wise its ok to start with a Nimh ...they are easy to handle and ok for crawling.
Feb 03, 2020, 10:46 AM
Thread OP
Hello everyone I just get my Hosim 9125 with 6 oil shocks and 2 battery pack, but I'm searching for other battery, I found this on Amazon, I want to know if this battery works with my RC car

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y57D2V8...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Feb 06, 2020, 10:07 AM
I live in WA state and it rains so I have no option but to play in the rain

Hosim 9125 running 2x 2s lipo battery in parallel (0 min 25 sec)
Feb 06, 2020, 06:51 PM
I ran 2 of the 2s batteries in series and wow. Itís very different, much faster. Motors got decently warm for a 10 min run. Definitely add something for cooling or add more opening in the case by motors!

Quick Reply