Jan 18, 2020, 04:04 PM
Thread OP
Help!

ESC are not recognized in blheli suite

Board - Mamba F405 mini mk2 w/ 4 in 1 ESC

I soldered the motors to the esc then connected to blheli configurator to test motor direction. (motors spun here in betaflight)
I then updated the Betaflight firmware to 4.1 to use my spectrum rx.
Now my motors will not spin at all, not in Betaflight or from tx
Only three beeps on startup
and when connected to blheli SUITE I get the below picture.

I think if I downgrade the betaflight firmware it may fix the issue BUT I need the setting that was introduced in Betaflight 4.1 to use my rx .

another option I was thinking of using an Arduino nano to flash the esc? but I have no experience with doing this to a 4in1 board
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2020, 08:47 PM
Try read set up function first?
Jan 18, 2020, 08:53 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
Possibly, you messed up the resources and the pins that drive the ESCs are not correct. If you did a full-erase on the update, that could do it.
Jan 19, 2020, 12:07 PM
I have been going through a similar ordeal ended up using the C2 and a arduino 4way inter face.
had to solder 2 links on the esc board
and connect a ground to the arduino.
it worked for flashing but no good for using the blheli suite through my betaflight compatible controller.

my esc are these,

if you got something similar i might be able to guide you in the right direction.
Jan 19, 2020, 04:45 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftyatm
Try read set up function first?
yes, that gives the same thing as "check" and after clicking ok this pops up. power and usb are plugged in.
Last edited by baccy; Jan 19, 2020 at 04:55 PM.
Jan 19, 2020, 04:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketsled666
Possibly, you messed up the resources and the pins that drive the ESCs are not correct. If you did a full-erase on the update, that could do it.
I did do a full erase...
And the way to fix it would be using an Arduino?
Jan 19, 2020, 04:53 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdyzio
I have been going through a similar ordeal ended up using the C2 and a arduino 4way inter face.
had to solder 2 links on the esc board
and connect a ground to the arduino.
it worked for flashing but no good for using the blheli suite through my betaflight compatible controller.

if you got something similar i might be able to guide you in the right direction.

I have done this before on only standalone esc like yours. I will attach the pics of my board, I think I see the pads but there are 4 and not labeled.
Jan 19, 2020, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baccy
I did do a full erase...
And the way to fix it would be using an Arduino?
No, you just need to find the defaults for your board and load them via CLI. If you can't find them on-line, there's probably a thread for your FC and you could ask there.
Jan 19, 2020, 06:35 PM
Another note, albeit simple, itís best to start with basics before you start unsoldering and soldering again.

Obviously you had the flight controller/esc receiving power via the usb. Did you have a lipo plugged in as well as the escís need this additional power to be recognized....

Not trying to be offensive. Just offering any simple mistakes I have made in the past!
Jan 19, 2020, 06:43 PM
His ESCs wouldn't have made any noise if he wasn't powering them. He gets the beeps that the ESCs are powered up but not the beeps that say the ESCs have seen a signal from the FC. Which is why I think he's messed up his resources in the FC and it's not using the correct pins for the ESC connections...
Jan 20, 2020, 04:30 AM
I could prove my 4 pads for signals to see what's what. But in sure someone somewhere has a pinout for that
Jan 20, 2020, 10:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketsled666
No, you just need to find the defaults for your board and load them via CLI. If you can't find them on-line, there's probably a thread for your FC and you could ask there.
I will try to search for this as it seems the easiest route, any links to help would be great. Thank you.
Feb 10, 2020, 04:37 PM
Giant Scale 3D/IMAC & FPV
I bought an Arduino Mega and reflashed 4 of my ESC’s a couple years back because of the same issue. For some reason the firmware I had put on them didn’t work initially. The arduino got them all up and running easily and quickly with new firmware!

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply