Feb 11, 2020, 08:30 AM
Build a scale plane already!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulturetec
Browsing past classifieds, it looks like the a couple of the designs sold have been scaled up from Guillows and Dumas kits. There are pictures of the B17 that is, well, a really really big Guillows model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNavy
The kickstarter page has a picture of a P-51. The pricture looks identical to the picture on ebay where a certain nizr_68 is selling a kit for a 98" WS P-51.
Pilotdude2's member page indicates a residence in Spirit Lake, Id. Nizr's ebay listing says the item is located in Hayden, Id.
I jumped to the conclusion that Pilotdude2 was nizr_68 (I was unable to find a web page for Scale Aerospace, identified as the source of the kit on ebay) so I sent an email to Pilotdude2 two days ago asking for a catalogue of all his kits. I have received no reply.
Today I read this thread.
LOL,,, never have so many dug so hard for so little information for a toy airplane sale

btw,, have any of you zoomed in on those B-17 pictures,, ,, it being a Blown up Guillows kit explains a lot
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2020, 09:35 AM
Quote:
The kickstarter page has a picture of a P-51. The pricture looks identical to the picture on ebay where a certain nizr_68 is selling a kit for a 98" WS P-51.
Pilotdude2's member page indicates a residence in Spirit Lake, Id. Nizr's ebay listing says the item is located in Hayden, Id.
I jumped to the conclusion that Pilotdude2 was nizr_68 (I was unable to find a web page for Scale Aerospace, identified as the source of the kit on ebay) so I sent an email to Pilotdude2 two days ago asking for a catalogue of all his kits. I have received no reply.
Today I read this thread.
Ebay selllers steal photos. Guy has a photo of my Seabee representing the way off scale Mountjoy plan. Common practice there.
Feb 11, 2020, 09:55 AM
Guillows made some super stand way off half blind scale models. There is a guy on ebay that sells a bunch of really nice laser cut kits. I have had several of his kits and they are really nice quality. Who builds kits on here anymore anyway?
Feb 11, 2020, 08:46 PM
He is up to $1,081 from 7 contributors. I never expected it to get that high.
Feb 12, 2020, 01:15 PM
[QUOTE=totenkopf; Who builds kits on here anymore anyway?[/QUOTE]

I do. Or I draw plans and scratch build.
Feb 12, 2020, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by totenkopf
There is a guy on ebay that sells a bunch of really nice laser cut kits. I have had several of his kits and they are really nice quality.
Would that be e-shopper15? I see he has over 200 kits listed. I was wondering about the quality of the plans, wood and flyability. Which ones did you build and how did they fly?
Feb 12, 2020, 03:08 PM
That's the guy. Kits I bought. Ar-234, Me-410, Mirage KFIR, Bf-109G10, Do-17Z. Haven't put any together yet. Mirage KFIR will be the first. Going to make molds for the fuse so I can make glass fuses. Guy uses some of the best wood in his kits. Well worth the money.
Feb 12, 2020, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Would that be e-shopper15? I see he has over 200 kits listed. I was wondering about the quality of the plans, wood and flyability. Which ones did you build and how did they fly?
Could you post a link to one of his listings? I didnít get any results when I searched that sellers name on eBay, so I must have done something wrong.
Feb 12, 2020, 04:29 PM
Build a scale plane already!!!
a couple google clicks,,, https://www.ebay.com/usr/e-shopper15
Feb 12, 2020, 04:51 PM
Scale you had one of his Me-410 kits I sold you. That was a nice kit.
Feb 12, 2020, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only
a couple google clicks,,, https://www.ebay.com/usr/e-shopper15
Thank you, Scale!
Feb 12, 2020, 07:56 PM
SRM
SRM
Seems the OP already has a thriving model airplane kit business and should be able to invest his profits in a new laser cutter without begging for money online.
Feb 13, 2020, 02:52 AM
Thread OP
The business was started a year ago, the $3,500 is not to "start" the business, it is just to be able to pay cash for a 36" plotter instead of taking out a loan for it, or continuing to pay Staples or Office Depot to print the plans for me, where the other $1,400 will go to purchasing the materials necessary to complete the kits. I am an ex-FAA Air Traffic Controller at six different control towers and have 960 hours of flight time, but too old to get a job as a pilot and have diabetes anyway, and had to resign as a controller at the Boeing Field FAA control tower in Seattle because I was being illegally deprived of approximately $21,000 per year by an illegal agreement that was only applied to 165 of us (1% of controllers at the time), and Mike McNally later admitted, after he was no longer Union President (16 months AFTER I resigned because of it) that the agreement was an "administrative error", applying a rule from the new pay system to the 165 of us who were still under the old pay system. I had to resign to access my retirement fund as the only way to pay an attorney $15,000 to take legal action, and he took it to the wrong court, and the MSPB, FLRA, OSC, and OPM just LOOK for excuses to do nothing about it. I have never been able to be rehired, which is illegal retaliation for the legal actions, even though there have been at least 7 retirements from the Boeing Field control tower since I resigned, and a retirement frees up wage money, and the flying public taxpayers have the RIGHT to have the most highly-qualified Air Traffic Controllers to handle their flights, so as soon as there was a retirement FAA management should have contacted me and offered re-instatement to replace the retirement, but failed to do so. I am now living with my 82-year old mother with no income other than producing the RC kits as a result of the wrongdoing of the FAA and wrongdoing of the Union. The FAA distributed $200 million in pay raises over a 3-year period in October, 1998, October, 1999, and October, 2000, and once the distribution was complete pay did not go back down, the established pay continued at the higher levels. That means that 99% of Air Traffic Controllers who partook of the INITIAL 3-year distribution of the $200 million have been ILLEGALLY overpaid for the last 21 years and 4 months, only ending upon retirement, with overpayments totaling approximately $27 million. If not for retirements during that time (approximately 12,000), the overpayments would have totaled approximately $33 million. There is no statute of limitation for the recovery of overpayments to Federal employees, as confirmed by two attorneys. However, most of the 165 of us were only cheated on a temporary basis, and are owed less than $7 million. I am about to give information to the White House Counsel, Pat Cipollone, at his home address in Bethesda, Maryland, so he can inform President Trump how he can CAUSE the FAA to RE-GAIN approximately $20 million back into the FAA's bank account during the next one year by deductions from the pay and/or retirement income of the 14,977 overpaid controllers, by recovering the $27 million and paying out less than $7 million, which would only affect any still-working controller who partook of the $200 million distribution by $85 per paycheck for the one year, and they are now making over $100,000 per year, and any retiree would only be affected by a MAXIMUM of $185 per MONTH for the one year, if he or she JUST retired, say, last month. President Trump may even give me a reward above what the FAA owes me for providing him with the information as a "whistleblower", and it would help him get re-elected, to cause the FAA to be able to hire an additional 350 Air Traffic Controllers to increase the flight safety of the public and reduce future overtime payments and reduce the stress and fatigue of the coworkers of the additional controllers. You know Trump likes to brag about his accomplishments. Out of the less than $7 million about $2 million of it goes to me, as I resigned in April, 2003, so they have to pay me as if I never resigned and have worked at the correct level of pay since resignation. Of course, I have to pay back taxes, and have to put about $140,000 back into the OPM retirement fund, but since I reached mandatory retirement age about six years ago they have to pay me the last six years of retirement income and retirement for the rest of my life, and the FAA STILL gains $20 million in the correction. So, within the next two to three months I will have around $1.5 million (after paying my mother what I owe her), plus all of my retirement income as if I never resigned (my resignation was "constructive discharge", same as wrongful termination), but for the time being my only source of income is the RC kit production. Since I am temporarily unemployed I cannot get a loan for the 36" large format plotter, so having to pay Office Depot or Staples to print my plans for me is just hurting my business income.
Feb 13, 2020, 02:59 AM
Thread OP
These are aircraft kits produced by plans from several plans producers, many of them scaled up to larger sizes, with the appropriate structural beef ups, and many are at the same size of the plans, as in Nick Ziroli, so they are proven structurally. I also have a good background in aircraft structures, and designed a two-seat fighter jet, that the design of came very close to being used in the James Bond movie, "Die Another Day", and Vic Armstrong, the second-unit director, emailed me and said, "We might use your jet", but later said they found out about it too late to get it into the movie. By the way, the sequence you will see in the upcoming Bond movie out on April 10th, where the small aircraft comes out of the back of a transport aircraft was my idea. Even so, if you obtain one of my kits, if you have any doubts about the structure you can beef it up on your own. You have the right to modify your own aircraft if you so desire.
Feb 13, 2020, 02:59 AM
Thread OP
The kickstarter campaign is over $1,000 now.

Quick Reply