Jan 20, 2020, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis
Really? I've not heard of any safety incidents, injuries, violations of regulations, or property damage aside from their own planes. Can you point to some?
Don't listen to that fool. He has no evidence or proof in his words. This seems to be a common thing these days on the internet. Fools post something without any evidence and expect others to foolishly follow them. Most of the videos that I've watched from FlightTest do put safety at the forefront of their activities.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2020, 06:42 PM
Good grief you guys, it's only the beginning of the second full working week after the holidays, I'm sure Flight Test are working the CBO rules.

Stay calm and fly on!
Jan 20, 2020, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis
Really? I've not heard of any safety incidents, injuries, violations of regulations, or property damage aside from their own planes. Can you point to some?
Have you ever been to a Flite Fest? People, cars, trailers, are getting hit left and right.
Jan 20, 2020, 10:17 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krinaman
Have you ever been to a Flite Fest? People, cars, trailers, are getting hit left and right.
..On purpose and under full agreement from those involved. It's called a crew having a good time with each other. Shrugs. Don't be so uptight.
Jan 20, 2020, 11:14 PM
Sounds good to me...I'll drop the AMA like the work clothes at 3:00, they've proved themselves worthless to a sailplane guy like myself, they're in full support of drones and what will work for them
Last edited by Joshadam; Jan 20, 2020 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Read the rest of the paragraph
Jan 20, 2020, 11:19 PM
He doesn't get it xanuser.
Jan 20, 2020, 11:24 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcolorado
He doesn't get it xanuser.
quick tour of the post history clearly proves that.
must have been a big fan of:

Bobby Brown - My Prerogative (4 min 56 sec)
Jan 21, 2020, 01:14 AM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshadam
Sounds good to me...I'll drop the AMA like the work clothes at 3:00, they've proved themselves worthless to a sailplane guy like myself, they're in full support of drones and what will work for them
The main reason I remain a member is access to club flying sites and the ability to enter sanctioned contests. Going to be interesting to see if that landscape changes
Jan 21, 2020, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
The main reason I remain a member is access to club flying sites and the ability to enter sanctioned contests. Going to be interesting to see if that landscape changes
Same here. It's required for where I fly mainly because it provides easy proof of insurance. FTCA would need to counter that, including insurance, and get clubs to accept them as an alternative.
Jan 21, 2020, 07:32 AM
Multirotors are models too!
Quote:
True enough, and as I keep spelling out the Congress defined very clearly what the requirements are. BY THE WAY - the FPV Coalition rules look nicely done for FPV. The real catch is going to be how the FAA interprets what a "provides a comprehensive set of safety guidelines for
all aspects of model aviation ..." means
It's not too difficult to branch out.....
Latest blog entry: Test entry
Jan 21, 2020, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
..On purpose and under full agreement from those involved. It's called a crew having a good time with each other. Shrugs. Don't be so uptight.
Who's being uptight about it? I've been to several flite fests and will likely go to more of them. Heck, I'm in some of their videos.
Jan 21, 2020, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Same here, it it wasn't for that I would have been out years ago.. will be interesting to see if flight test will be accepted as an alternative..if so, it.might be the nail in the coffin for the AMA
Jan 21, 2020, 11:19 AM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshadam
Same here, it it wasn't for that I would have been out years ago.. will be interesting to see if flight test will be accepted as an alternative..if so, it.might be the nail in the coffin for the AMA
Then the question becomes for those of us who like to compete will any of the other CBOs that may arise support competition?
Jan 22, 2020, 10:30 AM
BFMAC Founding Member
Quote:
Then the question becomes for those of us who like to compete will any of the other CBOs that may arise support competition?
Good Q, and my guess is that other CBOs that arise are likely to leave AMA unchallenged for competition flyers. That demographic is a very small percentage of even the AMA membership. Why go head-to-head with AMA over that?
Jan 22, 2020, 11:24 AM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by abel pranger
Good Q, and my guess is that other CBOs that arise are likely to leave AMA unchallenged for competition flyers. That demographic is a very small percentage of even the AMA membership. Why go head-to-head with AMA over that?
Good point. FAA needs to get this process going since so much hinges on it down the road. I am excited that new groups ore popping up, but I am also concerned that many of them have been slim on tangible evidence of meeting the requirements. A YouTube channel or PhaceBuk page are nice, but I want to see actual Safety Programs that meet the Section 349 requirements, etc.

Quick Reply