Jan 17, 2020, 01:23 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Frsky Important Firmware Update – ACCST D16 2.X.X

Frsky Released new ACCST D16 for their receivers and RF modules..

https://www.frsky-rc.com/important-f...ate-accst-d16/

---------------------------------------------------

As I have 3 Frsky radio's

X10S
Xlite and Xlite Pro

All LBT

I have flashed the IJXT module of my Xlite(standard) today, and flashed an RXSR and X8R receiver with the new firmware.. all seem to work fine..

But then, Binding this newly flashed RXSR and X8R to my Xlite Pro TX fails, it will not bind with the laterst v1.1.3 ISRM fw for the Pro. neither the LBT nor FCC fw for RXSR and X8R.

What's up with this Frsky?!

Will there be an update for the ISRM module soon?

Anyone experience the same issue?

================================================== ==========

Previous IXJT firmware for OTX available here to recover back from v2.x.x

================================================== ==========
Last edited by Hobby4Life; Jan 26, 2020 at 04:04 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2020, 02:32 PM
Isn’t the X lite pro ISRM and not IXJT?

It’s an ACCESS radio, new fw for those is coming later. That might be your issue?

I read somewhere if you flash your rx’s with the new D16 fw then they won’t work with newer ACCESS radios at the moment, both the tx and rx fw has to be the new one.
Jan 17, 2020, 02:35 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
Isn’t the X lite pro ISRM and not IXJT?

It’s an ACCESS radio, new fw for those is coming later. That might be your issue?
Yes my old xlite is IJXT, works fine with new FW.

As I only use the Pro now, I gues I have to wait for new FW to be released..
Jan 17, 2020, 03:54 PM
Yeah I think at the moment, until they release the ACCESS update, you can’t mix and match your TX/RX type.
Jan 20, 2020, 02:08 AM
Edit frequently by bad English
Accst d16 v2?
I know that protocol is encrypted. It is exclusive ACCESS D16, Right?
It eliminates all of clone D16 Rxs.

(It was almost decrypted, I heard )
Last edited by ken2011; Jan 20, 2020 at 02:23 AM.
Jan 21, 2020, 05:23 PM

Going back to old firmware

Does anybody know if it is possible to revert a iJXT flashed with the V2.0.1 FW to the previous version? I can't find the previous fw on the FrSky website.
Jan 21, 2020, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ululi1970
Does anybody know if it is possible to revert a iJXT flashed with the V2.0.1 FW to the previous version? I can't find the previous fw on the FrSky website.
For which radio do you want to downgrade the module?
Jan 21, 2020, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2011
Accst d16 v2?
I know that protocol is encrypted. It is exclusive ACCESS D16, Right?
It eliminates all of clone D16 Rxs.

(It was almost decrypted, I heard )
Hmm... encryption is quite a strong word for what it is... let’s say “scrambled” at most ;-)
Jan 21, 2020, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pafleraf
For which radio do you want to downgrade the module?
I actually found a link in the FrSky forum. But thanks.
Jan 21, 2020, 08:56 PM
Edit frequently by bad English
Quote:
Originally Posted by pafleraf
Hmm... encryption is quite a strong word for what it is... let’s say “scrambled” at most ;-)
Okay, Now I say "Hacked" instead of decrypted.

---
What I want to assert is a backward compatibility will lost with existing receivers, Not only Frsky's but also 3rd-party's.
But result of the hacking, we will see some 3-rd-party's rx that will have D16V1 mode and D16V2 mode both.
(´・ω・`)
Last edited by ken2011; Jan 21, 2020 at 10:48 PM.
Jan 22, 2020, 12:59 AM
Thread OP
I have put all previous ixjt firmwares on my website.

Https://hobby4life.nl
Jan 22, 2020, 06:44 AM

Typical FRSKY BS

Anyone fallen for this con? If there was really any issues with the D16 protocol it would have been fixed years ago.

Another example of frsky protectionist behaviour.
Jan 22, 2020, 08:12 AM
I am afraid this is not FrSky BS. I lost two airframes (gassers) to "uncontrolled servo movement". Several other people reported experiences similar to mine (see the Horus thread).
And no, I am not talking about the CDI noise lockout problem: I lost two MORE airframes due to that. Sometime I wonder why I am still using FrSky...

I think the problem when undetected for so long for a number of reasons: It is probably not common, but more importantly, it leads to problem (crashes) that
are not easy to diagnose. The integrity of the RF link is the last thing we (want to) consider. There are usually other explanations: bad servos, mechanical problems,... It is only when many such accidents are considered that a pattern may emerge. Unfortunately, we do not have a database of crashes that can
be analyzed...
Jan 22, 2020, 08:50 AM
I am stuffed now because my original X9D isn't compatible, I will have to risk it like I have been doing since 2013 There has also been a recent issue with Opentx and uncontrolled servo output on ACCST.
Jan 22, 2020, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdazzy
I am stuffed now because my original X9D isn't compatible, I will have to risk it like I have been doing since 2013 There has also been a recent issue with Opentx and uncontrolled servo output on ACCST.
The issue you're referring to has nothing to do with this one. The OpenTx fix involved using the internal iXJT with an external R9.

Quick Reply