Mar 24, 2005, 08:12 AM
It doesn't work that way
Thread OP

Two Trim Settings on Transmitter

Is there a transmitter out there that can be set up with two trims settings for one airplane?
I want to set up a 3D plane so that it is trimmed for hover and then be able to switch it for forward flight trim.
I want the switch to control the elevator, rudder and ailerons.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2005, 08:39 AM
Burnin' holes in the sky!
I'd imagine that most computer transmitters could do this with an offset mix. Just trim it for a hover, land, and make 3 different programs for the ailerons, elevator and rudder. Write down the position of each control surface, then go fly straight and level and trim it. Open each program and adjust the mix percentage until the control surface are back at their hover positions. Make them all activate with a single switch, too. This wouldn't be too difficult on my 9C, but I don't think its necessary for most airplanes.

Dan
Mar 24, 2005, 08:47 AM
I know that my JR 8103 will save seperate trim settings in all three flight modes when using the Heli set up. This is easily controlled by the flight mode/mixing switch.We will all be using Heli software set ups when variable pitch becomes the hot thing.Yogi
Mar 24, 2005, 11:12 AM
I think most computer radios with flight phases can do this. I've got an Evo, and if I understand your question correctly I'd handle it by having seperate 'hover' and 'forward flight' phases. Each phase has seperate trims, and changing flight phases is on a single switch (so the trims would change for elevator, rudder and ailerons with the flick of that single switch).

On the Evo (and on some other radios too) you could also assign dual rates to that same flight phase switch so you could automatically have 'high' rates when hovering and 'low' rates when in forward flight.

Quick Reply