This thread is privately moderated by turbinefancy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 14, 2020, 03:52 PM
FPV Air Combat Nut!
Thread OP
Video

Spitfire vs Tomcat - "The Final Countdown" Part Deux?

Even when starting from an advantageous position at the Tomcat's six o'clock. Trying to keep the reticle steady on target for a couple of seconds is not easy. The outcome is all but certain. Or is it?

FPV Dogfight: Spitfire vs F-14 Tomcat (7 min 5 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2020, 10:17 AM
Gorilla Glue Expert

Amazing.

Probably the smoothest, most fascinating FPV I have yet seen. Your system works incredibly well - coupled with the camera movement, truly does make it feel like you are in the seat. And gun sounds too. Really fabulous.

Very, very well done! Spectacular accomplishment. Thanks for posting this up.
Jan 15, 2020, 01:27 PM
FPV Air Combat Nut!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikeStaff
Probably the smoothest, most fascinating FPV I have yet seen. Your system works incredibly well - coupled with the camera movement, truly does make it feel like you are in the seat. And gun sounds too. Really fabulous.

Very, very well done! Spectacular accomplishment. Thanks for posting this up.
Thank you for the kind endorsement! Glad you enjoyed it.

Flying FPV allows close formation and dogfights to be fun and safe (maintaining separation) in a way LOS flying cannot be due to view limitation. And head-tracking with reflector sight adds unparalleled realism to the in-cockpit experience. It’s like flying Air Combat USA just without the G forces or $1000...hehe.

I feel flying scale FPV from RC plane cockpits is more fun then flying full scale airplanes. Many friends that also fly full scale aircrafts feel the same way. Not having to worry about air traffic control, high operating cost, and risk to life frees one to try exciting flying like proximity, formation and dogfights.

Anyways, scale FPV flying is under-represented in RC community. I hope others are inspired to try it. And I hope FPV vendors do not overlook the fun it offers and continue to include features like head-tracking.

Info on the reflector sight can be found here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...r-Gun-Sight%21
Last edited by turbinefancy; Jan 15, 2020 at 02:02 PM.

Quick Reply