This thread is privately moderated by glider34, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 13, 2020, 03:47 PM
Trader Rating: 24
ADDICTED TO LIFT
Thread OP
$1.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
Wanted

Esaki Japanese Tissue Wanted - Covering

Hello,

I'm Looking for Japanese Tissue for covering models.

Please PM me what you have and thank you!

John
Last edited by glider34; Jan 13, 2020 at 04:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2020, 04:38 PM
Trader Rating: 20
Amen to that!

Dopes too!
Jan 13, 2020, 07:49 PM
Trader Rating: 14
I have used gift wrapping tissue and nitrate dope on smaller models. One in particular looked to be just right...nice and tight across the tops of the ribs.
Then I topped the nitrate with high shrink butyrate and made Pringles chips from the model. I think the nitrate/butyrate pics wound up over in Control Line (look for a DPC Models custom kit of the Brown/Novitnik Mosquito). Same username.
Or it is in CoxEngineForum...same username.
I would do it again, but fuel proof with lowshrink butyrate instead of the stuff I was trying to get drum tight.
Gift wrap tissue shrinks in both directions...nitrate is low shrink compared to the stuff I was using, so water shrink and thinned/brushed did just fine. You'll see when you see the pics.
Jan 13, 2020, 08:26 PM
Trader Rating: 52
a.k.a. skcope
You could just order here:
https://volareproducts.com/
or here:
https://brodak.com/
Jan 13, 2020, 09:33 PM
Trader Rating: 14
Whatever works.
Jan 13, 2020, 10:20 PM
ADDICTED TO LIFT
Thread OP
Thank you! I appreciate the info - Most of the esaki colors out there I already have .... Looking for Red - Yellow - White

I build and fly indoor models for Free Flight so its Japanese Tissue that I am looking for specifically.

Thank you for your input!
Jan 14, 2020, 03:32 AM
Trader Rating: 104
BOYCOTT SCAMAZON
The real esaki is
out of production
Jan 14, 2020, 04:12 AM
Trader Rating: 86
How much are you looking for. Any particular size sheet you need?
Jan 14, 2020, 12:26 PM
Trader Rating: 3
What's wrong with heavy?
Hey guy, I'll be getting into a Bubbletop version soon. Any hints other than don't use the stock wood?
Jan 14, 2020, 06:09 PM
ADDICTED TO LIFT
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Crazee
How much are you looking for. Any particular size sheet you need?
PMed you
Jan 14, 2020, 06:14 PM
ADDICTED TO LIFT
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dephela
Hey guy, I'll be getting into a Bubbletop version soon. Any hints other than don't use the stock wood?
Build light as possible - There is a sweet spot in weight and I'm just learning too! Tom and John are motivating me to build.

I think the good weight for a 23" WW2 fighter is around 20 g or so. So - For me I'm blowing up simple models in the 18" WS range to 23 or 24" and then the # of parts are minimal. If you need wood - Let me know.

John
Jan 14, 2020, 06:16 PM
ADDICTED TO LIFT
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroglide
The real esaki is
out of production
Yes - I'm learning this too late as I thought I had a lot of tissue - When I inventoried it I was shocked to see how much I consumed. I did buy some from Peck and Easy Built but I cover all of my Outdoor FF models in Esaki - Red - Yellow - White (all low)

Thanks for the reply
Jan 30, 2020, 04:17 PM
Trader Rating: 41
check with Graves RC in Florida..they tend to have lots of old stock on a lot of stuff.

Quick Reply