Jan 13, 2020, 03:46 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

Legendary Fatty P-38 - Lightning

Do you know „ The Legendary Fat Fighters“ ?

Have a look...
Legendary Fat Fighters (7 min 34 sec)

When I saw these funny warbirds for the first time, I knew immediately that I must build one too. Thanks to Frank from www.scale-parkflyer.de some of those plans are now available for a very small amount. Meanwhile he offers as well a CNC precut kit, including all the parts.

Even when it is a simple construction, it is not a RTF-kit. There is still a bit passion necessary, to build these iconic mini warbirds. I’m building now the P-38. I started with cutting out the templates, as I decided not to order the precut version... how could I?

Anyhow, I will post here my progress on the Lightning. Feel free to comment.

Cheers from Switzerland

Martin
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2020, 09:48 PM
Man, I will have one of these.

I have a few projects ahead of it... but I can see my son, grandson and I having a ball with these!!!
Jan 21, 2020, 03:03 PM
Thread OP
After cutting all parts, the assembly began...

I started with the fragile fuselage. The wings are a simple KF-airfoil construction, made from two 6mm DEPRON reinforced with a 1x6mm CFK spar. All cables for electronics are invisible built into the wing, but they have to be added at this very early stage. Then wings and center fuselage glued in position using templates for the correct V-shape. L and R engine nacelles were built next. All will be covered later by 3mm DEPRON...
Last edited by mjg_ch; Jan 21, 2020 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Added more text details...
Today, 10:42 AM
Hello Martin!
Any progress on your build?

Quick Reply