Post Your Favorite DJI FPV 3D Printed Mounts and Parts

DJI FPV is amazing, but it doesn't lend itself well to mounting on varied aircraft or vehicles. We live in the age of homemade custom parts and the 3D printing community has come up with some great solutions for your DJI FPV Gear.

Splash

3D Printed Parts for DJI FPV System

DJI FPV is amazing, but it doesn't lend itself well to mounting on varied aircraft or vehicles. We live in the age of homemade custom parts and the 3D printing community has come up with some great solutions for your DJI FPV Gear. Here's one design that houses the camera, air unit and antennas on the same part. It has slots in the bottom that let you strap the mount to just about anything you want.

There are lots of other designs too so I wanted to ask you guys to post up your favorite 3D printed part designs that work with the DJI FPV System.

Check out the DJI All-In-One Mount Here

Jan 19, 2020, 02:02 PM
Chuck it and see!
What happened to balsa and plywood to make stuff like this? It would be so much quicker.
Jan 19, 2020, 08:13 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
3D printing is just a new way to make parts at home.
Jan 19, 2020, 08:34 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing-span
What happened to balsa and plywood to make stuff like this? It would be so much quicker.
Yeah, but you can't make complex designs very easily.
Jan 20, 2020, 12:28 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Here's a combo mount for GoPro Session (4) and DJI HD FPV camera. 20 deg up-tilt. Designed to fit the FPV King XL7 (7") frame. Requires longer camera screws for the DJI camera. I think I used M2x8 screws.

If anyone is interested in the stl file, I'll post it. But it's specific to the bolt pattern of the XL7. Front bolts are 27 mm apart, rear bolts are 24.5 mm, and front to back is 36.5 mm.

Not entirely happy with the design as the slot for the GoPro strap requires supports and they are not easy to cleanly remove without breaking the mount. So I might redesign it, if I feel the urge.
Jan 20, 2020, 12:36 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Along with the camera mount, I also made a mount for the antennas. The 3D print is bolted to the frame. Two wooden skewers are glued into the standoffs, and then the antennas are zip tied to them. Holes are 27 mm apart. Skewers I found are about 2.75 -2.85 mm diameter. Useful for cruiser /longrange quads, but would not survive on freestyle / basher quads.
Jan 20, 2020, 12:48 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
One more for now. Very simple mount that can be attached in many locations. Holes are for 3 mm screws and are 28 mm apart. Camera is zip tied in place.
Jan 20, 2020, 09:30 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Nice!

Quick Reply