Jan 13, 2020, 09:42 AM
Thread OP
Question

Has Revolectix issued Li Ion presets?

Hello guys,

does someone know if Revolectrix has presets for the Lithium Ion batteries for the Powerlab8 and Powerlab6 chargers

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2020, 10:52 AM
What do you mean by "the Lithium Ion batteries"

that term includes many dozens of different chemistry variations,

and maybe a half dozen likely profiles.

Maybe link to what you mean, or list some specific models.

In the meantime my answer is "yes".

And that the full manuals are onlin.
Jan 13, 2020, 02:41 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by John61CT
What do you mean by "the Lithium Ion batteries"
In the meantime my answer is "yes".

And that the full manuals are onlin.
LiIon

Manual says LiIon are supported and then there is not a single word anywhere in the manual about LiIon batteries. Nor it is mentioned in the presets.

Lipo presets are not for LiIon. Min voltage can go as low as 2.5v per cell, and the termination is way different than Lipo.
Jan 13, 2020, 03:06 PM
So you mean the cylindricals, like 18650's?

Same profile as LiPo, just check the mA rate, don't want too high a rate.

If just 1S then unbalanced.

And you'll need to buy or make the wiring.

Lots of threads out there for details, if you want members here to give all the details, again you'll need to be more specific about what actual cells or packs you have.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...or-Lithium-Ion

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/bat...ti-4-help.html

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=566747
Jan 13, 2020, 03:07 PM
and they let you modify the preset library, set your own custom ones etc
Jan 13, 2020, 03:40 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
and they let you modify the preset library, set your own custom ones etc
Yes, any type of tue cylindrical batteries. Lipo presets cannot be used as it cant go lower than 3v per cell and than I have to put the 180 PL8 aside and use a cheap chinese lipo charger.

Termination is also much longer than on LiPos , maybe one to two hours, tuat cannot be done via LiPo presets.
Jan 13, 2020, 03:46 PM
Should never be letting you cells, of any LI chemistry other than LTO, go below 3V anyway.

There's a workaround for that in one of those threads I posted

And again set up your own profile and save it, reckon you can delete all the others if you like
Jan 21, 2020, 06:40 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Should never be letting you cells, of any LI chemistry other than LTO, go below 3V anyway.

There's a workaround for that in one of those threads I posted

And again set up your own profile and save it, reckon you can delete all the others if you like
Thanks! I recall reading somewhere the workaround is to set each cell as double acid cells but not sure the exact method. Is that it?

Quick Reply