Jan 11, 2020, 11:26 PM
Memb DEAF R/C
Thread OP
Complaint

Loss of "Distance from Me" in Classified Sorts

I messaged Jim Graham about this subject when the change first occurred, but the change that was implemented is not useful at all in my opinion. The new "Near Me" is available as a quick search. This brings up everything from parts for a glow engine to sailplanes for sale. None of this is helpful to me as I only fly electric and it takes way to long to go through the results of the new search format. I was able to use this in the past to see what was for sale near me and/or what folks were looking for near me regarding electric models or radios, etc.

I find it difficult to believe that I am the only member that is dissatisfied with this new format. Please take a look at this and strongly consider implementing the old Distance search.

Thanks for your consideration,

Ron Romeo
Dallas
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2020, 11:43 PM
RCG Admin
Hi Dallas,
It’s not new or a change. There is a bug with the sort by distance setting. We’ve reported to the techs, but they are working on a new platform for the site so they are not fixing relatively minor bugs at this time.
Jan 12, 2020, 12:22 AM
Memb DEAF R/C
Thread OP
Jason, any idea when that new platform might be ready to launch? Hopefully that will fix the problem.
Jan 12, 2020, 08:28 AM
RCG Admin
We don’t know when yet.
Jan 12, 2020, 03:23 PM
Memb DEAF R/C
Thread OP
Thanks,

Ron

Quick Reply