Feb 10, 2020, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo352
I just bought both planes...red and white SHP and the 48inch edge red and yellow...used SHP of course that was in pretty bad shape but Im trying to bring it back to life.
The Edge was in better shape but needed some TLC. I hope to get the SHP back in the air soon. Still can get a few parts for it from EF and they are all marked down significantly. What motor did you run in each?
Both have the recommended Omega. Can't remember the part# sorry.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2020, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
The US is signing a new trade deal with China this week, so let's hope that redresses the balance in our favor. We will have plenty of time to panic if it doesn't, so let's panic later.

Not aimed at you, Burnooly, but expanding on your post...………..

The price of the 48s has remined stagnant for over a decade while everything else got more expensive, so this can't be an earth shattering surprise. I've said all along we've had it too good for too long, but what do we do now?

I suppose Extreme Flight could charge more because they certainly can't be expected to lose money. The question is how much are you willing to pay? ……… and would it be enough?.

My guess is the V2 is already going to be $200 and I wouldn't be shocked to see them at $225. Even $250 wouldn't be unreasonable compared to not being able to get one at all, especially with as much equipment as I have laying around for them, and I know a lot of you are like that too.

I'de pay it because what else are you going to do? Would the rest of you?
To me - it costs what it costs. I would pay double the price if it was the plane I just had to have. And in a year no-one would remember what the 48s or 52s used to cost, and the new higher price just becomes "the price".
Last edited by benz11; Feb 15, 2020 at 07:09 PM.
Feb 15, 2020, 07:19 PM
Old's Cool
Agree. As I've said before, the $179 price for the EF 48s is a real bargain. I think these planes can command quite a bit of price increase assuming the FAA, Amazon et al, and also Covid 19 don't get in the way of the RC hobby in general.
Feb 22, 2020, 09:34 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by benz11
To me - it costs what it costs. I would pay double the price if it was the plane I just had to have. And in a year no-one would remember what the 48s or 52s used to cost, and the new higher price just becomes "the price".
Spot on..if they increased to say 299 or so and threw in a hat or shirt I think nobody would complain and would sell 90% of what they did at 179..and in a year nobody would be talking about how they were 179
Feb 23, 2020, 04:29 PM
$299.00 no way.
This size plane for me would top out at $229.00 max
It’s the size plane I have the most of and the size that fits the field I fly at. If that price point is incorrect to turn a profit then I would most likely be out. But I would still follow the company and wish them the best. But that does not help their bottom line.
Please be gentle in your responses........
Feb 23, 2020, 07:27 PM
Given that 299 is the price of 60 inch planes I have to agree it should something less then that....
Feb 23, 2020, 07:35 PM
Electrons were young...
Have to agree that 229 would be the top end on a 48 size plane and that is a stretch for me.
Feb 24, 2020, 04:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdad99
$299.00 no way.
This size plane for me would top out at $229.00 max
Itís the size plane I have the most of and the size that fits the field I fly at. If that price point is incorrect to turn a profit then I would most likely be out. But I would still follow the company and wish them the best. But that does not help their bottom line.
Please be gentle in your responses........

229 sounds fair thats about 30% increase and I would think that would put them in the "black" as far as profit goes.
Feb 24, 2020, 06:53 PM
Old's Cool
I'd certainly pay $229, but I would not venture a guess as to whether or not that would make the 48" planes profitable for EF.

Its worth noting that a great deal has changed in China since this thread started and these changes could have huge impact in everything being discussed here. Chris mentioned earlier in the thread that their partner was having a hard time attracting people to build the EF planes due to the all of the high tech employers offering nice air conditioned jobs and thus labor costs were increasing. Many of these nice facilities are now closed and if people are forced to go back to work with the threat of Covid 19 still lingering, a smaller shop might be a more desirable place to be.

Of course, this is pure speculation on my part and things are likely to get worse before they get better.
Feb 24, 2020, 06:57 PM
Lower!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnooly
Many of these nice facilities are now closed and if people forced to go back to work with the threat of Covid 19 still lingering, a smaller shop might be a more desirable place to be.

Of course, this is pure speculation on my part and things are likely to get worse before they get better.
Yeah, the stock market tanked 3.5% on coronavirus news, as it is now believed it may become a world-wide issue. Getting new ARF's from China in the next couple months might be iffy. I hope the world health folks get a handle on this, but in the meantime, I'd fly your current EF planes gently, in a circle
Feb 24, 2020, 07:17 PM
Old's Cool
Wyo: FWIW, I think this is going to get much much worse before it gets better. As far as "the world health folks" (I assume you mean WHO which is a highly political component of the UN), I don't trust anything they or the CCP have to say about the situation pertaining to Covid19.
Feb 25, 2020, 01:38 AM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnooly
Wyo: FWIW, I think this is going to get much much worse before it gets better. As far as "the world health folks" (I assume you mean WHO which is a highly political component of the UN), I don't trust anything they or the CCP have to say about the situation pertaining to Covid19.
You mean the bio weapon?
Feb 25, 2020, 01:59 AM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdad99
$299.00 no way.
I feel your pain, but it looks like they don't make business sense at a price people will pay. No one is more distressed about this than me.

Here's my heartiest suggestion for everyone: Make sure you get the new 48" Extra EXP V2, or even get two. That way you won't get caught out when they are gone and you won't pay $299 either.

There are also a few of the current 48s in stock, and Tim at Northwest has some too.

So, if the 48s ever going away is a big issue for people, maybe having a few kits in the closet isn't a bad idea.
Feb 27, 2020, 10:07 PM
Electrons were young...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
I feel your pain, but it looks like they don't make business sense at a price people will pay. No one is more distressed about this than me.

Here's my heartiest suggestion for everyone: Make sure you get the new 48" Extra EXP V2, or even get two. That way you won't get caught out when they are gone and you won't pay $299 either.

There are also a few of the current 48s in stock, and Tim at Northwest has some too.

So, if the 48s ever going away is a big issue for people, maybe having a few kits in the closet isn't a bad idea.
The snarky, jaded, and joking side of me would like to point out that this is an excellent sales pitch.

Regardless of size of the plane, prices that exceed $225 for any plane are a bit hard for me. It has nothing to do with the plane itself but anything above that price point gets harder to stomach.

However, price matters little if you are unable to order the plane. I have looked at a few planes at EF and have been on the notify list for them for a very long time(over 8 months). Gave up on the idea of getting one at this point.

Also, what about post #85...any response?
Feb 27, 2020, 10:34 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Double post.

Quick Reply