Jan 11, 2020, 03:58 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Mountain Models - lets get building

Hey Guys,

This is an opportune moment to talk about Mountain Models..

After some years away from the hobby..I have about 12 kits in the sequence for building.. if you look back on my history on RC groups..you will see many that Ive built.

There are just no substitute for laser cut great flying planes..and from the ones i built they are the best.

So far Ive built

Dandy and GT-2
Flashback -2
Mini-flash
Cessna 180- with floats
Tantrum-3
P-51
Hellcat-4

I dont have most of them now because others wanted them so much they bought them from me and always knew I could make more..

A lot has changed sInce building last..for example we cant get solite anymore..but have about 3 dozen rolls of it in inventory..and will just have to transition to park lite etc..please let me know what you think about it.

The amount of motors and speed controllers etc here is still very good..and use a magnetic building board that Sky made for me..remember Acme Models?..I miss that guy!

So all is well..here are the ones coming next

Eva-sport-bipe-3d-3
J-3
Tantrum
Cessna 180-3
Hellcat-2

You guys have already guessed I have no love for foamies or pre builds..they dont fly the same..and really dont think too much about drones..for me Mountain models is the pinnacle for beautiful flying rc electrics..

just the smell of a laser cut kit and the way they come together..

Tim Morris
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2020, 12:05 PM
Come fly with us in Henryetta
Tim
Nothing better than having my coffee and seeing a new mountain models build thread! You made my morning.
Wes
Jan 12, 2020, 12:23 PM
The Switchback and Senior Switchback are really fun flyers among the MM greats.
Jan 12, 2020, 12:41 PM
Come fly with us in Henryetta
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged
The Switchback and Senior Switchback are really fun flyers among the MM greats.
I agree! Of course the SmoothE and Eva Sports are pretty sweet too. There just isn't a bad choice.
Jan 23, 2020, 10:57 AM

Canopy for flashback

Trying to find a canopy for a flashback I built from kit purchased on rcg that had a crinkled canopy and I made it worse. Realize it probably fits in with my loose covering job but would like to replace. Is there a sig canopy that will fit?

Friday Jan 24. I had emailed mountain models a week or two ago, no response. Emailed park flyers Thursday. Did look at what they listed and saw no matches. Thanks for your help Mark.
Last edited by JSKYVOLT; Jan 24, 2020 at 07:41 PM.
Jan 23, 2020, 12:39 PM
Obviously I'm a "Minus Member"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYVOLT
Trying to find a canopy for a flashback I built from kit purchased on rcg that had a crinkled canopy and I made it worse. Realize it probably fits in with my loose covering job but would like to replace. Is there a sig canopy that will fit?
You might try Keith Sparks at www.parkflyerplastics.com. I think he used to do the canopies and cowls for MM. He might have an original he could sell you, or something that would work.

Mark

Quick Reply