Jan 11, 2020, 12:52 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Thread OP
Announce

USA 2021 F3K Team selection program

It is time to start thinking about the team selection process for our future 2021 F3K World Championship team.

I am attaching the official program for this cycle.
It is basically unchanged from the previous cycle, except for the dates, and some minor clarifications.

The cycle technically starts immediately after the previous qualification cycle ends
(before even the previous TS finals event).
The only significance of the qualification cycle is that
to participate in the next TS finals event, you need to attend at least one F3K event during this cycle.
That's all.

For the TS finals event to happen we of course need a club (clubs) to step up and submit a bid.
If more than one are submitted, the soaring committee will select one winner.

I extended the bid submission deadline until the end of March.
I hope we see one or more clubs step up to the challenge and volunteer to run the finals.
We need your help to select the future USA team!

--
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2020, 06:37 PM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Can we make this work at the NATs this year?
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Jan 19, 2020, 10:50 AM
The Mr. Rogers of RC soaring
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnowell129
Can we make this work at the NATs this year?
The Nats F3K is currently scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday July 28-29 as an FYI.

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons
Jan 19, 2020, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoebke
The Nats F3K is currently scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday July 28-29 as an FYI.

Ryan
That will be interesting to see turnout
Jan 19, 2020, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintc
It would be great if someone puts in a bid.
I'd like to visit Utah, or Colorado, or Las Vegas....
BTW, I'd be willing to provide timing display if I can make it.
Jan 20, 2020, 11:24 AM
Barney Fife, Vigilante
The sites that HAVE hosted TS in the past... from my memory

North Carolina
Denver
Muncie
Utah
Georgia

Hey California? Since most of your club contests are bigger than the last few TS's... how about giving it a go???
Jan 20, 2020, 11:29 AM
Barney Fife, Vigilante
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintc
Yep. F3K has officially been given the middle finger by the R/C soaring world. Sad since it's the ONLY discipline that can fly without FAA registration legally, and can continue to operate under 400AGL without major modification.
Jan 20, 2020, 11:42 AM
The Mr. Rogers of RC soaring
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom43004
Yep. F3K has officially been given the middle finger by the R/C soaring world. Sad since it's the ONLY discipline that can fly without FAA registration legally, and can continue to operate under 400AGL without major modification.
I think it is more of a middle finger by the AMA/IAC world since originally the LSF had hoped to run F3K July 18/19 but apparently the sites were not available for LSF use those days for F3K.

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons
Jan 20, 2020, 12:30 PM
InJamNoOneCanHearYouScrea m
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoebke
I think it is more of a middle finger by the AMA/IAC world since originally the LSF had hoped to run F3K July 18/19 but apparently the sites were not available for LSF use those days for F3K.

Ryan
Kind of took in the shorts from the AMA schedule wise...again...sigh.

Too many events and not enough prime days. There is a part of me that says we could move down to the corner east of Site 4 if the grass got mowed short and that would not disturb anyone. Power is in short supply there but that is easy to overcome.

I just sent a note off to Yolanda Jones asking to use the area east of Site 4 where the road turns from south to west or east to north. i realize no power and circus tents but if the event can be moved to a weekend I think that would be better.
Wally
Last edited by wadasczi; Jan 20, 2020 at 12:51 PM.
Jan 20, 2020, 01:05 PM
It would conflict with power planes on site 4 as it would be in their flight path. We would also have issues if the wind was from the east, it would push us over their runway. Is anybody on site 4 Saturday/Sunday Aug 1/2.?

Don
Jan 20, 2020, 02:01 PM
Are you guys talking about a possible TS event or Nats F3K? I thought this year's Nats schedule was finalized. It is prime vacation time and some may need to schedule it well in advance or risk not getting it at all.

Dave R.
Jan 20, 2020, 02:32 PM
RCG Admin
*cough* Tullahoma *cough* excuse me. Had something in my throat there.
Jan 20, 2020, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
*cough* Tullahoma *cough* excuse me. Had something in my throat there.
*cough* make the bid *cough* make the bid *cough* excuse me. Had something in my throat there.
Jan 22, 2020, 11:25 AM
iVoid Warranties
Can I offer you a cough drop?
Feb 16, 2020, 05:55 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Thread OP
Reminder!
If your club is considering to bid for running the TS event, please do it soon.
We do have time until the end of March, but it is really not that much time.
I have a 'letter of intent' from Don C (Tullahoma club).
So I am very thankful that we will have at least one bid
But do not let that stop you from submitting your bid please.
The USA F3K community needs your club's help.

Quick Reply