Jan 11, 2020, 07:48 AM
RC fanatic
Thread OP
Suggestion

Tapatalk - again!

@Jason Cole,

I see many posts about the issues browsing the site using the Tapatalk mobile app, and in almost every response from you I see dismissal that you don't support Tapatalk, or not willing to, or the site doesn't lend itself to the app. I find this rather sad, as many users of this site use the Tapatalk app to access it on a mobile device, as the web interface doesn't lend itself well to a small screen. I personally hate having to browse the site using a web browser on my mobile phone (which is what I use most often to access this site as I am always on the move). The images issue is really my only gripe - I would be happy if this was fixed, as I imagine so would many other RCG users. It only stopped working when you switched web host (guessing 18mo ago), was fine before this. If I was to paste an image link in a post using the IMG tag, then this displays fine in Tapatalk (even links to images hosted on RCG as attachments), but the images which are simply attached to a message display as broken links. The only way to see these from Tapatalk is to choose the browse in Web option, which takes you to the topic in a web browser, but to the first page, and then you have to enter the last page number to skip to that to actually find the post - its basically a real pain! I am sure that if you were to spend some effort to resolve the image issue, that you would have many happy users on this forum. Thanks for your time.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2020, 10:24 AM
RCG Admin
Thanks for the comments. I wish it just worked too, but I don’t see this getting fixed anytime soon. There is a new platform coming for our site that should provide a better mobile experience. The techs are working on that solely.

Quick Reply