Mar 25, 2020, 09:03 AM
Mole Chaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmeier
https://www.autodesk.com/campaigns/f...-for-hobbyists

You must create an Autodesk account.
-Steve
Thanks Steve ! I knew it was in there somewhere but didn't have the link.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 26, 2020, 08:01 PM
How do you sign in as a hobbyist?
Apr 08, 2020, 05:33 PM
I used a book called Fusion 360 For Makers by Lydia Sloan Cline
Apr 28, 2020, 07:42 AM
Hi, I have been running a blog during lockdown walking through how I create 3d printable planes in Fusion 360, not a tutorial exactly but it includes screencasts to follow along.

Might be of help! Good Luck!

www.rc3dprint.com/blog
Apr 28, 2020, 01:30 PM
that's gonna hurt...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh320
Hi, I have been running a blog during lockdown walking through how I create 3d printable planes in Fusion 360, not a tutorial exactly but it includes screencasts to follow along.

Might be of help! Good Luck!

www.rc3dprint.com/blog
Thanks for posting - looks interesting.
Apr 28, 2020, 01:42 PM
that's gonna hurt...
So, I signed up for this course ….. what else do I have to do

https://www.udemy.com/share/102KqMB0IfclpQQHo=/

It's new this year, so the menus are up to date. I've been using 360 about 1 year - the program starts off a little slow and basic for me, I found myself speeding up the playback to 1.5 speed, but I'm learning stuff already. I'm about 25% in and it's starting to get good. My weakness has been drawing or sketching in Fusion, primarily because it's very different than 2D programs I use - this course goes into extensive detail of the drawing ( Design ) module.

21 hours - normal cost is around $20 - cheap compared to many courses, but I paid around $10 on sale, and sales are frequent.
May 04, 2020, 08:44 PM
BVM & JR/DFA Rep
My puzzle is moving to the 3D environment. Is it a better process to design the parts, and put parts together, or design from the outside in? For example.. I make a fuselage side, then bulkheads, and assemble them. Or, do I create the shape of the entire fuselage as a whole, and then create the parts out of that? Really puzzling at times.
May 05, 2020, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
My puzzle is moving to the 3D environment. Is it a better process to design the parts, and put parts together, or design from the outside in? For example.. I make a fuselage side, then bulkheads, and assemble them. Or, do I create the shape of the entire fuselage as a whole, and then create the parts out of that? Really puzzling at times.
i normally start with a 3 view plan top side make sour the image file is good import it in to your cad system then scale it up or down to the size you need i like to make it full size then just check it to the full size aircraft speck set it up on a layer image .

then set layer top to UCS top trace around the image top set centre noes or back side of the hole of prop to 0,0,0 then layer side set UCS to side trace around side now layer model3D make sour that your top and side drawings are sopt on the ON 0,0,0 and draw an centre lines state down the centre middle of the fuz and check that the rear of your side ans top drawings line up then trace any sections and insert them on a layer front and move them to around the point of section on the fuz this is the basic setup drawing for your 3D model then out of that model you can section it up in to former and wing ribs 3d solids for 3d printing

Quick Reply