Jan 10, 2020, 10:22 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Flitetest is making a Non foamboard plane line.

A New Chapter! ✈️ FT Micro Airplanes (9 min 29 sec)

Wonder how these little guys will fly?

Also it's exciting they are going to build a Trent Palmer freedom fox kit fox especially after that tease from horizion and the freedom timber.

It's good to see flight test getting refocused and hopefully brining some good new content, products and continuing to grow their already large community.

They are trying hard to organize and fight the new FAA stuff as well.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2020, 10:43 PM
Itís certainly interesting times! Excited about these little planes and what is to come.
Jan 10, 2020, 10:48 PM
Andre Rousseau
This will be very exciting to see the micro foam sized filled in a bit.

A lot of the guys here have wanted something like this for a while.

A.
Jan 10, 2020, 11:00 PM
DFS#000178
I'll take one of each!

Looks like the Cessna and Beaver both have servo pockets for flaps, too.

Edit: Woha! Toward the end of the video when they were talking about suggesting other planes they showed Matt Younkin's Beech 18!

DO IT FLITE TEST DO IT.
Last edited by Rampage; Jan 10, 2020 at 11:20 PM.
Jan 11, 2020, 12:01 AM
Thread OP
Glad to see some flite test supporters on here. They really have helped me progress in the hobby with their YouTube channel and seem like ginuine people. I've had a blast with their spitfire scratch build. I know some out there are not fans of the scratch builds but here ya go Scaleish foam kits for the haters.
Jan 11, 2020, 12:43 AM
DFS#000178
I think I'm looking forward to the Widgeon most of all. Can never have too many Grumman flying boats. It'll look fantastic next to my Avios Albatross.
Jan 11, 2020, 07:53 AM
Awesome! Hopefully they'll expand that to include low-wing sport models as well. That widgeon is VERY appealing!
Jan 11, 2020, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowstick09 View Post
Glad to see some flite test supporters on here. They really have helped me progress in the hobby with their YouTube channel and seem like ginuine people. I've had a blast with their spitfire scratch build. I know some out there are not fans of the scratch builds but here ya go Scaleish foam kits for the haters.
I despise FT with every ounce of my soul after they did a highly negative review of Micro Aces. The review was done by a member of their team that obviously was not a builder and from what I saw not much better of a pilot. FT was taken to task over it but their ego was too large to admit they did a bad review. It nearly put John/Micro Aces out of business.

I will never, never, do business with FT.

Yeah FT ..... some of us still remember how you almost killed a small business.
Jan 11, 2020, 11:22 AM
I ordered a Micro Adventure. It says they will ship at the end of January, so we'll see if that schedule is valid.
Jan 11, 2020, 11:26 AM
A man with too many toys
I hope they fly better than the foam board airplanes. I only built one foam board airplane and was disappointed how it flies. It flies ok but I would not say that it is a fantastic flyer.
Jan 11, 2020, 11:54 AM
The Widgeon looks cool, can't wait for some flight video.
Jan 11, 2020, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmc View Post
I ordered a Micro Adventure. It says they will ship at the end of January, so we'll see if that schedule is valid.
That timing is on schedule, they are on the water right now. As long as the shipment doesnít get set back, they will arrive this month.
Jan 11, 2020, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinFurey View Post
That timing is on schedule, they are on the water right now. As long as the shipment doesnít get set back, they will arrive this month.
Good to know. I guess I'm too used to ordering from other companies who say they're going to ship on a certain date, and then it gets delayed again and again. I shouldn't have made the generalization that FliteTest was like that as well. I also realize that there can always be something beyond your control that could cause a setback.
Jan 11, 2020, 11:20 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufo View Post
I despise FT with every ounce of my soul after they did a highly negative review of Micro Aces. The review was done by a member of their team that obviously was not a builder and from what I saw not much better of a pilot. FT was taken to task over it but their ego was too large to admit they did a bad review. It nearly put John/Micro Aces out of business.

I will never, never, do business with FT.

Yeah FT ..... some of us still remember how you almost killed a small business.
To be fair, Micro Aces already seems like an extremely niche part of a niche hobby anyway. If a single bad review from another small business is enough to nearly put you out of business I'd say it's time to open up your product line a bit and sell something that's not quite so niche.

If this was the review from 2013, other than the Swedish guy, they seemed to like them quite a bit. The Swedish guy hated it but they ended the review with "Decide for yourself", which isn't really much more than I can ask from any review.

And it was 7 years ago..
Jan 12, 2020, 04:59 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
I just don't like FT because they're annoying. Peter Sripol was their only real creative talent when it came to RC models; the rest of them are just your typical over-glib YouTube bobbleheads with a product for sale.

Like, seriously, they're gonna release a video announcing a new RC model product line, and in the middle it's gonna have a minute-long advertisement for a network solutions vendor? That's tacky. That's pathetic.

They should just admit the truth: Their content sucks, their business model sucks, and the only way they can keep paying the bills is by cashing in on the sagging bones of the Flite Test name by literally any available means, including a lineup of non-DIY foamies and advertising for completely irrelevant services.

Quick Reply