The West Coast Challenge - May 23rd and 24th 2020

Here is a great event in Yreka, CA!

Splash

Come join us for The West Coast challenge in beautiful Montague California.

The West Coast Challenge is centrally located geographically on the West coast between the Mexican and Canadian borders. Interstate 5 at Yreka Ca. is only 7 miles west of the event site. Yreka has numerous motels and restaurants.

Dean Gradwell, of cross country and GPS RC glider fame, has graciously allowed the use of his manicured 40-acre site. Dean has also allowed the use of his magnificent hangar for the catered dinner on Saturday night 2 miles east of the contest site at the Siskiyou County Airport.

The entry fee will include a theme based catered lunch Saturday and Sunday. The Saturday dinner will be an additional cost TBD ($20-$30). I promise an excellent dining experience. BYOB.

Dry camping at the field is allowed. The field will be open Friday morning, Thursday afternoon if need be, for early arrivals. A portable toilet will be on site Friday through Sunday.

Registration and scoring will be done on the Vault. f3xvault.com

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Jan 22, 2020 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: Date And link
Jan 10, 2020, 10:53 AM
Thread OP
Reserved for details etc.
Jan 11, 2020, 07:54 PM
No really, it doesn't have one
Registered!
Jan 11, 2020, 11:27 PM
Scott Fintel
Planning on attending! Between excellent flying, amazing scenery, and great hosts, this looks to be one for the ages.
-Scott
Jan 20, 2020, 07:13 PM
plays with toy planes
By gods that looks and sounds like an absolutely fantastic contest Mario. I'm trying to move stuff to make this.
Jan 20, 2020, 07:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry d
By gods that looks and sounds like an absolutely fantastic contest Mario. I'm trying to move stuff to make this.
Love to have you.
Jan 21, 2020, 01:38 AM
FF lift master...sometimes
I am a probable. Wife is game for the trip, but negotiations are ongoing. We may rent an RV. Hopefully I get some relief from awful plantar fasciitis soon... some days walking is almost too painful, so I haven't attempted throwing and flying for awhile.

Thanks for putting this together, Mario!

--Bill
Jan 21, 2020, 02:00 AM
Get some good arch supporting shoes. Dr scholls also makes a sock like sleeve that helps a lot for the plantar fasciitis
Jan 21, 2020, 02:31 PM
FF lift master...sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by freya
Get some good arch supporting shoes. Dr scholls also makes a sock like sleeve that helps a lot for the plantar fasciitis
Thanks. Suggestions always appreciated. I've been wearing podiatrist-approved shoes for years, plus custom orthotics, a sleep boot, and doing stretches. See the podiatrist again tomorrow. I'll look into the sleeve.
Jan 24, 2020, 10:27 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Jim for the updated opener for the thread!

Mario
Jan 28, 2020, 06:45 PM
Sounds like a great weekend. I'm in. What say you John W?
Jan 28, 2020, 08:16 PM
No really, it doesn't have one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lytlejam
Sounds like a great weekend. I'm in. What say you John W?
I've been wondering about John and Brent...
Jan 31, 2020, 05:40 PM
Brent, Matt N, and I were talking about it at El Dorado a couple of weeks ago. They sounded interested. We may have to team up on John...
Feb 09, 2020, 10:33 PM
Thread OP
The flying site from 10,000'. It is almost dead center in the photo. Siskiyou County airport is on the left where the Saturday night dinner will be.

Kind of hard to see but still a nice view of the area. Montague and Yreka are both visible.
Feb 10, 2020, 10:48 PM
No tree to climb...Nice!

Is there any activity for family? Wifey and 2 pre teen girls.

Tai

Quick Reply