Jan 24, 2020, 10:35 PM
Best viewed at 1440p.. CC on for stats.
It's actually a 4:3 DVR recording cropped and stretched back to 16:9 for poor man's Superview.
Beta95X with Caddx Vista first flight at the school yard (4 min 3 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2020, 12:20 AM
Toycar racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
Best viewed at 1440p.. CC on for stats.
It's actually a 4:3 DVR recording cropped and stretched back to 16:9 for poor man's Superview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRsCz1h_5NQ
nice. so how do you like the 95x? can u do some acro stuff with it that you'd do with your 5" or even 3"? Would love to see that as it may help me spend 300 on a HD whoop
Jan 25, 2020, 12:31 AM
I've only got some 3S batteries for it right now, so acro-ability is limited, but I think it'll
do fine. It handles like it's on rails but you can see it does get shook by the wind
occasionally. The only real annoyance so far is that the way the camera is mounted
is a bit janky (the mounting screws are a couple slots down from the original
holes in the canopy, because the camera is too fat to sit in stock location),
so any time it falls on its face, it hits the camera forcing it back in the slots which
causes the camera angle to get stuck high, or low.. or whatever. I'm thinking that
the TPU lens protector could be made to have an oblong outside shape (instead of round)
so that it fills the opening in the canopy. Mounted in one position it would
fix the camera angle high, and mounted upside down, it would fix it low (for indoor flying).
Last edited by Daemon; Jan 25, 2020 at 07:24 PM.
Jan 25, 2020, 01:49 PM
Toycar racer
no worries. definitely looked pretty good in your video. i'll have to flip a coin and do best 3 of 5 to see if i get it lol jk. bummer about the little cam issue. if you find a fix let us know!
Jan 25, 2020, 08:15 PM
So flying buddy and I did some flights today, first with full sized airunit on
our 5inchers and then the Vista module on my Beta95X, and watched in audience
mode. Audience mode seemed to be significantly worse with Vista
Even though it was running at 700mW, just doing aggressive rolls
and flips while flying 50 yards away could make the audience mode view give up
completely.

My hypothesis is that primary goggles with regular air unit relies on an equal
mix of retries and MIMO+CDD (the same signal sent on both VTX antennas
with a small delay between them to create redundancy). Audience mode
can't ask for retries but it can see the CDD from regular air unit.
Vista with only one antenna doesn't have MIMO+CDD, so Audience mode takes
a double hit. Single copy of every packet and every packet loss results
in immediate degradation of the signal.

And even with the main goggles, at one point I got it out of LoS behind a small hill behind
myself and the signal went from seemingly fine (40mS/10Mbit/s still flowing smooth) to
completely gone and stayed gone for a full 5 seconds (I continued to climb and fly blind
directly overhead), before it finally recovered. Interestingly, in the recording the
link stats are basically delayed by the same 5 seconds (or more). I've had the regular
air unit do this once, but in much more extreme circumstances (whole parking garage
blocking the signal).
Jan 25, 2020, 10:16 PM
My Vista came in the mail today. I didn't have to do much to get it to fit in my 85X HD since it was designed for the Caddx Turtle. I had to ream out the two holes in the frame and canopy by hand with a small drill bit and use bigger/ longer screws to hold the canopy down(I had to cut off some excess screw length with a dremmel). Same thing with the holes and screws that hold the Vista in place. I used curved lexan scissors and a razor blade to trim a few small areas around the bottom of my V1 canopy to make it more like the V3. There aren't any holes that line up with the camera screws but it doesn't need them as it fits above the Vista like a glove with no jello or movement so no need to drill new holes in the canopy for that.

The added weight, probably around ten grams over the caddx turtle system, is barely noticeable, didn't seem to affect performance much. I don't have a scale but it should be around 90-95 grams without battery. I've flow it with 850 3S plenty of times before and that was actually much heavier than it now with the Vista and 450mah 3S. Tattu are light enough for indoor and RDQ have less sag for outside. I upgraded to BF 4.1 and RPM filtering on this quad a while back and haven't flown it since then to get it fully tuned. In angle mode it's great but in acro the only problem left is it doesn't handle prop wash as well as whatever version of BF it came with. I'll work on the tune tomorrow if it doesn't rain and post some footage. The sliders in 4.1 make it easy enough I can actually improve things lol.

The performance of the Vista is very good especially for only having only one antenna, but I need more time to see. I first flew inside so I set power to 25mw but forgot to crank it up when I went outside. I flew behind my house and was disappointed when it started to stutter and bitrate was horrible. It was flyable but nothing like the full size air unit. A little while later I remembered I was still on 25mw LOL so I turned it up to 500mw and flew behind my house again and everything was good. Bitrate was high and video was smooth. Now I have to put a Crossfire receiver in it since Flysky can't keep up.
Last edited by hildymedic; Jan 25, 2020 at 10:17 PM. Reason: add pictures
Jan 26, 2020, 12:28 AM
Main and Audience mode side by side with Vista
Audience Mode with Caddx Vista is terrible (Main & Audience side by side) (3 min 32 sec)
Jan 26, 2020, 02:51 AM
This is indeed worse than with th OG Airunit.

My Vista arrived in Germany - should be here this week if customs cause no delay. I will first try it in my iFlight Cinewhoop, but my goal is to build a Twig XL or even a Twig 4 inch mutant with it.
Jan 27, 2020, 09:01 AM
Xup
Xup
Anyone know of any stock in the UK/EU?
Jan 27, 2020, 09:39 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Not yet. unmanned Aerial Tech will have it probably earlier than most will.
Jan 27, 2020, 12:22 PM
Toycar racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
Main and Audience mode side by side with Vista
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf0PDSdHQSs
any further testing done? same results in a different environment?
Jan 27, 2020, 12:23 PM
Toycar racer
if you do a youtube vid, would love to see how the 85x handles the vista. trying to determine if I wanna do what you did or just buy the 95x...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildymedic
My Vista came in the mail today. I didn't have to do much to get it to fit in my 85X HD since it was designed for the Caddx Turtle. I had to ream out the two holes in the frame and canopy by hand with a small drill bit and use bigger/ longer screws to hold the canopy down(I had to cut off some excess screw length with a dremmel). Same thing with the holes and screws that hold the Vista in place. I used curved lexan scissors and a razor blade to trim a few small areas around the bottom of my V1 canopy to make it more like the V3. There aren't any holes that line up with the camera screws but it doesn't need them as it fits above the Vista like a glove with no jello or movement so no need to drill new holes in the canopy for that.

The added weight, probably around ten grams over the caddx turtle system, is barely noticeable, didn't seem to affect performance much. I don't have a scale but it should be around 90-95 grams without battery. I've flow it with 850 3S plenty of times before and that was actually much heavier than it now with the Vista and 450mah 3S. Tattu are light enough for indoor and RDQ have less sag for outside. I upgraded to BF 4.1 and RPM filtering on this quad a while back and haven't flown it since then to get it fully tuned. In angle mode it's great but in acro the only problem left is it doesn't handle prop wash as well as whatever version of BF it came with. I'll work on the tune tomorrow if it doesn't rain and post some footage. The sliders in 4.1 make it easy enough I can actually improve things lol.

The performance of the Vista is very good especially for only having only one antenna, but I need more time to see. I first flew inside so I set power to 25mw but forgot to crank it up when I went outside. I flew behind my house and was disappointed when it started to stutter and bitrate was horrible. It was flyable but nothing like the full size air unit. A little while later I remembered I was still on 25mw LOL so I turned it up to 500mw and flew behind my house again and everything was good. Bitrate was high and video was smooth. Now I have to put a Crossfire receiver in it since Flysky can't keep up.
Jan 27, 2020, 01:09 PM
Looks like the french have it in stock: https://www.drone-fpv-racer.com/en/c...stem-5821.html
Jan 27, 2020, 02:53 PM
Atleast It's in one piece
As DJi have allowed a licensed product to be made I wonder if they are broad minded enough to allow a third party company produce a module to fit in the Fatshark pattern bay. Even if they had to drop some functionality I wonder if people would buy such a product and then convert over at a latter date once most of their fleet had DJI air units is them. Just a thought ?
Jan 27, 2020, 03:22 PM
Xup
Xup
Quote:
Originally Posted by pejer
Looks like the french have it in stock: https://www.drone-fpv-racer.com/en/c...stem-5821.html
Thanks, just received the email from them for back in stock, price is to steep for me, works out 140+ shipping, ...I buy my DJI air units for 102 delivered.

Quick Reply