Caddx Vista HD DJI FPV

We now have the first small form factor HD FPV system with the Caddx Vista. Using licensed tech from DJI, the Vista works with the DJI goggles, camera and transmitter to allow even smaller drones to fly with glorious HD video feeds.

Splash

The Caddx Vista HD System is Here

We now have the first small form factor HD FPV system with the Caddx Vista. Using licensed tech from DJI, the Vista works with the DJI goggles, camera and transmitter to allow even smaller drones to fly with glorious HD video feeds. There's been leaks galore on this system, but we finally have the official release information. The specs are slightly different from the DJI Air Unit, but it comes in a much smaller form factor.

For starters the Vtx is more inline with the traditional square stack and mounts with either 20x20 spacing or 25.5x25.5. The power output specs list 200,500 and 700mW options oddly leaving out 25mW. The Vista uses a single antenna, but is still rated for 4Km range with 8 channels available. The Caddx Vista is currently up for sale for $149.00. More specs and details below.

Check out the Caddx Vista HD FPV System Here

Specifications:

• Brand Name: Caddx
  • Item Name: Vista Kit
  • Operating Frequency: 5.725-5.850GHz
  • Transmitter Power(EIRP): FCC/SRRC/MIC: <30dBm, CE: <14dBm
  • Min. Latency (end-to-end): Low Latency Mode(720p 120fps): 21-28ms, High Quality Mode(720p 60fps): 30-40ms
  • Max. Transmission Distance: FCC/SRRC: 4km, CE: 0.7km
  • I/O Interface: USB-C,IPEX,3-in-1 Port.
  • Supported Flight Control System: F3,F4,F7
  • Operating Temperature Range: 32° to 104° F (0℃ ~40℃)
  • Input Power: 7.4-26.4V

DJI Camera Specifications:

• Sensor: 1/3.2'' CMOS
  • Effective Pixels: 4M
  • Lens: 2.1mm,f/2.1
  • Shutter: Rolling shutter
  • ISO: 100-25600
  • FOV: 150° (D);122° (H);93° (V)

Weight:

• Vista Kit(camera included): 29g
  • Antenna: 3.5g

Dimensions:

• Vista Kit: 30x29x13mm
  • Camera: 27.4x21.1x20.1mm
  • Coaxial Cable:80mm

Features:

• Stable and clear HD video.
  • Single antenna, max range is up to 4km.
  • Allow up to 8 drones to fly simultaneously.
  • Embedded remote controller receiver.
  • 28ms ultra low latency, high definition digital image transmission.

Jan 10, 2020, 10:11 AM
With no DVR at $150 (Remember the AU goes on sale for $150 sometimes) I am disappointed with the price. It does have its place in smaller racing frames, but for freestyle having an on-board DVR is great. I was hoping this would be a smaller AND cheaper alternative to the DJI AU. Couple in the risk of the widely talked about Caddx quality control issues and I fail to see any reason I'd buy it at this price. Disappointing.
Jan 10, 2020, 12:52 PM
Toycar racer
Price kinda sucks, but if you think about it, you're actually paying for the smaller form factor, so you can use it in your smaller builds (2.5" and smaller...) where an actual sized air unit won't fit. Or on 5" builds, for racers the shaved off weight will make this one the goto air unit vs the normal one. Also shaved off weight means longer flight times, which might not be a ton of more time, but in theory, you should get a bit more flight time, due to less weight your rig is lugging around.

It does suck no dvr onboard, but you still can record via your goggles, or use a gopro. Goggle recordings are good too. most importantly, you can still fly with HD on your smaller quads.
Last edited by Dbz619; Jan 11, 2020 at 02:18 AM.
Jan 10, 2020, 01:54 PM
It's very strange they list a microSD card slot in the specs but it doesn't have DVR?

Also yeah the price is about $50 higher than I'd like. I'm looking to buy one for a 4in 'toothpick' style build but I'm not super happy about the price, will probably wait for a sale or a nice coupon.
Jan 10, 2020, 02:35 PM
The specs are wrong about the SD card. It's not there.

Lack of 25mW (if true) is a weird oversight. The regular air unit its at 25mW
before it's armed (when temp control is turned on) so what's this one going to do?
Also MultiGP restricts all analog quads to 25mW today.
I wonder if they're doing the same for digital or just don't care because they play nice
together at any power (bet not as much if you mix high and low power)..
And if you mixed analog and digital in the same heat, they should still be at the same power level.

I think the price is too high given what you lose, with no onboard DVR, and single Tx antenna
(thus removes MIMO+CDD capabilities so I would expect poorer NLOS performance).
Keep in mind with the DVR you're not just losing quality due to link glitches (focus mode etc),
but ground DVR is 720p versus 1080p onboard.
You're paying more for only the smaller form factor that isn't actually that small.
Outside dimensions are still about 30x30 so it's still not going to fit in a real whoop class quad.
Jan 10, 2020, 02:48 PM
The camera costs $59 and the cable costs $15 so the caddx HD video transmitter with antenna are $76. I don’t think it could realistically cost less, but it would definitely be better if it had onboard recording.
Jan 10, 2020, 05:34 PM
I hope they make a smaller, cheaper and lighter camera for the air unit. For example the mobilphones have way smaller cameras with very good picture quality, so it's possible.
Jan 10, 2020, 09:42 PM
Geprc has this bind and fly but I'll be putting the Vista in my 85X.
Jan 10, 2020, 10:45 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
No diversity. No onboard recording. Same price. Meh...
Jan 11, 2020, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang
No diversity. No onboard recording. Same price. Meh...
It will fit some whoops and toothpicks! The range and penetration of this looks great for smaller quads or racing. You can now use your favorite frame instead of something made to fit the air unit.
Jan 11, 2020, 12:17 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Not worth it unless they drop the price. As others have said, drop it $50 and then we're talking.
Jan 11, 2020, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hildymedic
It will fit some whoops and toothpicks! The range and penetration of this looks great for smaller quads or racing. You can now use your favorite frame instead of something made to fit the air unit.
Cept it's possible that the range and penetration will be significantly reduced because it can't use MIMO+CDD,
having only one Tx antenna. Guess we'll see.
Were it a bit less expensive than the more capable full sized air unit, I don't think folks would be complaining.
The smaller size does not make up for the real features we're losing.
Jan 11, 2020, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
Cept it's possible that the range and penetration will be significantly reduced because it can't use MIMO+CDD,
having only one Tx antenna. Guess we'll see.
Were it a bit less expensive than the more capable full sized air unit, I don't think folks would be complaining.
The smaller size does not make up for the real features we're losing.
I was worried about that too until I saw the bvlos goggle dvr that Caddx posted on YT.
Jan 14, 2020, 09:41 PM
Caddx Vista DJI Digital HD Air Unit Lite First Look 🔥 (11 min 51 sec)
Jan 15, 2020, 06:51 AM
Vista in a prototype 2.5" "Whoop".

BetaFPV 95X with CADDX Vista (2 min 7 sec)

Quick Reply