Jan 09, 2020, 07:51 PM
Fly more Foam
Thread OP
Discussion

NO more MRC support of LHS

Let me spell it out, No more MotionRC support being offered to your local hobby shop!!!!!
I heard from mine today that when he called MRC to check on his ordering pin number, he was met with" OOPPS Sorry, we have discontinued our LHS program".
This covers all part orders and kits in that your local shop is no more able to order as your next flying buddy next door.
This option for end users meant that we didn't pay for shipping on small parts request because the shop had ordered parts for support already on popular planes.
This also made a trip to the hobby shop drive business because who goes in JUST FOR ONE THING!!!!!!!
Just last Nov/Dec, he was told that a new program or the current one was going to help shops on ordering and discounts to have more orders from our shops and now all of a sudden that is gone. This is just another way that drives hobby shops to close due to being force to order from overseas or a sole distributor of a product.
Motion, if you read this, please reconsider the long term effect this will have in keeping our weekly meeting place and gathering point for our friends wiht like hobby interest, not to mention the guy we all try to support with our business to retain our hobby shops.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2020, 10:11 PM
Classic jets rule
That is not good at all. Poor hobby shops are a dyeing daily ...this is not going to help. Just beable to run to the shop open the box ,ck it out ,then buy it. That what the hobby is all about. Shame on motion. I have one hobby shop 50 miles away...when he is gone that will suck.
Jan 09, 2020, 10:52 PM
Not that I have an LHS nearby anymore (the owner retired and closed it), but I didn't realize MRC even had such a program.

Sad to hear if it's true. I know the brick and mortar stores struggle to stay in business and losing distributor support can't help.

Sean
Jan 11, 2020, 03:27 PM
Polstery
The hobby shops are not going out of business because of motion, people run to Amazon, online because they can get $10 off without even thinking of the local shop, then they crash the plane they saved $10 on need a small $2 part and then they run down to the local shop and when the guy doesn’t stock it they run off and cry how the local hobby shops sucks. One hand washes the other guys but it’s too far gone to bring back the local shops. Just remember it wasn’t the local shops that made it this way!!!
Jan 11, 2020, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY
That is not good at all. Poor hobby shops are a dyeing daily ...this is not going to help. Just be able to run to the shop open the box ,ck it out ,then buy it. That what the hobby is all about. Shame on motion. I have one hobby shop 50 miles away...when he is gone that will suck.
Yep, may be dumb also. The hobby shops still in existence tend to be ones like the one 40 miles away that I visit. They're profitable and in a high income area. They will just continue to be more of a Horizon RTF outlet, and could care less if Motion won't support them.
Jan 12, 2020, 01:55 AM
I suspect MotionRC has enough demand they don't need your or any LHS to support them. you should post it on their site, see what Alpha says.
Jan 15, 2020, 06:56 AM
Something to keep in mind is the support personnel and backoffice personnel needed to support the LHS side. Requires additional account managers for a set number of hobby shops, warehouse staff that picks merchandise for the LHS, shipping logistics and plenty more. The account managers are generally sales reps and usually on commission; they have to hustle to make sales. If you have sales reps then you usually need sales managers.

It can be very expensive to cater to the LHS market. A market that is dwindling.
Jan 16, 2020, 09:28 AM
Marketing Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam51401
Let me spell it out, No more MotionRC support being offered to your local hobby shop!!!!!
I heard from mine today that when he called MRC to check on his ordering pin number, he was met with" OOPPS Sorry, we have discontinued our LHS program".
This covers all part orders and kits in that your local shop is no more able to order as your next flying buddy next door.
This option for end users meant that we didn't pay for shipping on small parts request because the shop had ordered parts for support already on popular planes.
This also made a trip to the hobby shop drive business because who goes in JUST FOR ONE THING!!!!!!!
Just last Nov/Dec, he was told that a new program or the current one was going to help shops on ordering and discounts to have more orders from our shops and now all of a sudden that is gone. This is just another way that drives hobby shops to close due to being force to order from overseas or a sole distributor of a product.
Motion, if you read this, please reconsider the long term effect this will have in keeping our weekly meeting place and gathering point for our friends wiht like hobby interest, not to mention the guy we all try to support with our business to retain our hobby shops.
Hello Sam, Let me try to clear this up a bit.

Motion RC is not a wholesale distributor, we are direct to consumer (B2C) company. I apologize your LHS was 1 of the few who ever got Motion product in stock and you were affected, but the best place to purchase Motion RC product is from motionrc.com and motionrc.eu.

I hope this helps
Last edited by [email protected]; Jan 16, 2020 at 12:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply