Jan 09, 2020, 02:53 PM
Vienna calling...
Thread OP
Discussion

JumperTX T8SG 2.4G 12CH Hall Gimbal Open Source Multi-protocol Transmitter

Hi,
wanted to buy a Jumper for quite a time now, but last months they were hard to find on the usual sources.

There seems to come out a new Jumper, and it is really cheap:

JumperTX T8SG 2.4G 12CH Hall Gimbal Open Source Multi-protocol Transmitter for RC Drone

Support Protocols:
Walkera full range
DSM2/X full range
Flysky and Flysky 2A
FrSky
FUTABAs S-fhss full range
WL Toy series, Hubsan series, Esky series and many more( Currently a total of more than 40 supported protocols)
Uses open source software with continued support and development, adding new protocols regularly.

Built in four-in-1 RF Module(CC2500 CYRF6936 A7105 NRF2401)
Open source multi-protocol firmware, compatible with most mainstream remote con-trols
T8SG back lit LCD display, Bright display works even in direct sunlight
Non-contact 3D space vector Hall remote sensing Gimbals
JR/FrSKY compatible module bay on rear side
USB online firmware upgrade
Transmission power adjustable to adapt to different location requirements
Detachable antenna, easy to change
Ultra-low power consumption, longer battery life
Up to 12 channels of output (depending on the receiver), Open Source Firmware, all channels are fully programmable
Wide voltage input(2s lipo recommended)
Multilingual menu
Vibration reminder function
Support telemetry(depending on the receiver)
Built in Voice support

Looks "too" good.
Any downsides on this cheap tx?

Walter
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2020, 04:22 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
Runs on DeviationTx. (Not a down side).
All images are renderings, so looks like it’s being developed. It’s not officially listed on the Jumper yet.
https://www.jumper.xyz/portal.php?mod=list&catid=30
Listed for $120 on Banggood, 33% off sale for $79.99. That is cheap.
Last edited by KC; Jan 09, 2020 at 04:29 PM.
Jan 09, 2020, 08:05 PM
Looks like USB-C for the data connection now. Nice. USB-C will probably hold up better long-term.
Jan 28, 2020, 06:35 AM
Vienna calling...
Thread OP
Strange as it is:
It was announced for February, and site said "19 business days".
Nevertheless, I ordered and paid it yesterday, because of the price (66 US$ including shipment EU priority line, using 1600 Banggood points).
And today in the morning it was already marked as "shipped":

... we will see.

Curious.

Referring to JB, this is no "fake" Jumper but a new Jumper of this guy, who was part of Jumper and now makes his own thing (in agreement with the other boss of Jumper).

Walter
Jan 28, 2020, 09:38 AM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
“Shipped” may simply mean a label was created and not that it was physically handed over to the carrier. Until a tracking number is provided, it’ll be impossible to tell if the package actually left the warehouse. I usually assume it hasn’t until the tracking is made available.

I don’t wish to sow any doubt or uncertainty, as I believe this radio to be real (or will be in the future ) and will ship, eventually. But in my experience shopping at Aliexpress, Amazon, eBay, some stores will mark an order “Shipped” quickly, which makes it difficult, if not impossible to cancel the order. And then the tracking number provided at their leisure. In any case, $66 usd is a great deal! Congrats on your new radio.

When they provide a tracking number, please give us an update.
Feb 04, 2020, 11:36 AM
Vienna calling...
Thread OP
Mine came in today.
Awsome fast shipping, no custom problems (EU Priority Line shipment option).

I still cannot believe the price, paid less than € 60 (exactly US$ 66.12 incl. shipment) for this JumperTX T8SG

Curious... will report.

Walter
Feb 04, 2020, 12:09 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
Nice!

Banggood USA site has it listed for $81.59 with $18 off coupon for "new users", which promptly disappeared when I logged in.

https://www.banggood.com/JumperTX-T8...p-1624887.html
Feb 04, 2020, 12:16 PM
Vienna calling...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC
Nice!

Banggood USA site has it listed for $81.59 with $18 off coupon for "new users", which promptly disappeared when I logged in.

https://www.banggood.com/JumperTX-T8...p-1624887.html
I bought for 79.99 and used 1600 Banggood points, so it was 63.99 plus shipment.
I chose the (slightly) more expensive EU Priority Line shipment option, because you'll never have any custom problems when chosing this option here in Austria/EU (NEVER chose DHL or something like this! You'll always pay and have to pay something about 13 € handling charge additionally to DHL).
Came with DPD today (but sometimes EU priority line also comes with GLS or even DHL/Austrian Post, but no customs).

Had ordered on Monday, January 27th, late evening - and today, Tuesday February 4th mid day the TX was delivered... less than 8 days, awsome!

Walter
Feb 04, 2020, 12:19 PM
Vienna calling...
Thread OP
BTW:

It comes with a battery box for 2 18650 batteries, not for 4 AA batteries (as the Jumper T8SG came, only saw videos on Youtube).
JST XH 2s balance plug, as the "original" T8SG, so easy to use 2s Lipos.

Walter
Feb 05, 2020, 03:08 PM
Hey guys,
I'm also thinking of ordering this transmitter.
Looks and sounds very promising.
Did you already test it?
Feb 05, 2020, 05:57 PM
Vienna calling...
Thread OP
Did play around a little bit.

But could not find the right progam to bind the toy drone Eachine H8.
Searched a lot in the net, Deviation forum, here, Youtube... all say it works, but I cannot find the name of the protocol to use.
This toy is sitting around here on the shelf for years and was the first thing I wanted to test...

Saw a list somewhere naming all the protocols to use for the different models - but could not find it anymore.
Anyone a link?

Did not play with the tx today.
But I have a ton of Spektrum stuff (DSMX and old DSM2) I will try, a Eachine Pepper 013 (which protocol?).
Someone knows if Flysky ground receivers will work, too? I will test...
Have old Nine Eagles stuff here, ... probably will not work (because Nine Eagles had several different protocols for helis and planes in the times before J6 was released).

So, sorry, did not really test it so far
It is looking good, feels good, tiny, check out how small it is compared to my DX9:

Seems perfectly suited to play with tiny drones in my living room.
Will for sure not use it for my helis and probably not for my planes.

Took 2 18650 batteries (even the "short" ones) without problem.

I will report, if I had a little bit more time to play.

Would appreciate a list or link how to bind those toy drones.

Walter
Feb 05, 2020, 06:25 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
Here are a couple of links. The first one is an excellent resource for multiprotocol information. It’s an easy read.

https://www.multi-module.org/basics/supported-protocols

https://deviationtx.com/wiki/supported_models

The H8 looks like it uses the Bayang protocol.
https://www.multi-module.org/using-t...details/bayang
Last edited by KC; Feb 05, 2020 at 06:31 PM.
Feb 05, 2020, 07:59 PM
Vienna calling...
Thread OP
Thank you, KC!

Walter
Feb 06, 2020, 06:44 AM
Vienna calling...
Thread OP
The H8 works now, with Bayang protocol - thanks KC!

But programming is quite a bit of complicater than with my Spektrum DX9.

Servo reverse....??? Cannot find how to do it.
I found, that there should be 2 types of "menue" in the Jumper transmitters, "Mixer GUI" advanced and normal. "Normal" should give a menue where you can find servo reverse. But im my Jumper I cannot chancge from "advanced" to "normal´", there is only "advanced".

Watched quite a couple of videos on YT... and searched Google... but still unable to change servo direction.
Meanwhile feeling a little bit stupid

Walter
Feb 06, 2020, 08:15 AM
On Mixer page press any channel button and you will get channel properties (Reverse, Fail-safe and so on).

For T8SG you can use DEVO 7E/10/12E manual:
https://www.deviationtx.com/user-manual

Quick Reply