Jan 08, 2020, 09:04 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
Thread OP
Discussion

The American Enterprise.

I've been building the Dumas kit of the American Enterprise lately. The original boat had 3 water jet pumps in it, so I thought I'd do the same.
Dumas recommend a twin prop drive setup. But that's just not right.

So the three 26mm jet pumps have just arrived & it's time to start butchering the rear of the hull to fit them in.
The boat is 50" long so there's plenty of room.

Just thought I'd share a few pics.

I'll just use the outside two for steering. The center pump will just be a straight drive.

Cheers.
Paul.
Last edited by 785boats; Jan 09, 2020 at 06:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2020, 03:05 AM
Thread OP
A bit more butchery & the manufacture of a triple motor mount & I think it will all fit quite nicely.
Jan 14, 2020, 12:51 PM
Thread OP
I managed to fit the pump bodies & make up a tripple motor mount from some 32mm x 35mm x 4mm aluminium angle.
Bolted the motors on & just needed to cut some shaft extensions from some 5mm rod between the couplers.
Last edited by 785boats; Jan 14, 2020 at 12:56 PM.
Jan 14, 2020, 03:59 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Think of the hull of the boat, made from thin wood as the body of a guitar-then think of the aluminum motor mount as the bridge for the strings on that guitar. And lastly think of those motors as the vibrating strings...That guitar is going to sing like Eric Clapton's instrument, sing a very loud song!-any way for rubber shock mounts on the engine mount?
Latest blog entry: Titanic Boarding Pass
Jan 14, 2020, 07:46 PM
Thread OP
I like your thinking Bob.
Maybe it will sound like the gas turbine engine that the original boat had on the center pump.
Feb 15, 2020, 03:31 AM
Would you share what pumps and motors you used? I have a Dumas Prime Time that I am thinking about doing this with. Thanks! Jeff
Feb 15, 2020, 04:28 AM
Thread OP
These are the motors.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/warhead-...___store=en_us

These are the pumps.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...nese-26mm-pump

If you go to the second page you will see the bit of a problem about using outrunner motors though. I may need to change them to inrunners yet.

Quick Reply