Jan 08, 2020, 01:31 PM
Compulsive battery charger
Thread OP
Discussion

IRACER: Like Mario Kart with RC cars in FPV!

I am excited to share with you guys something that I have been working on...

Introducing IRACER (2 min 20 sec)

https://projectiracer.com
Last edited by genix; Jan 08, 2020 at 08:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2020, 10:54 PM
Thread OP
So what you're looking at here is a fully functional prototype with a Raspberry Pi Zero W at its core, paired with an Android app. I had originally hoped to partner with a toy/RC company to offer the complete concept in a ready to race format. That hasn't panned out, so I'm going to release the software as open source and design a kit that you can install into any car you wish. The hardware will also be open source.
Jan 09, 2020, 08:26 AM
UAV Flight Operations Manager
Open source! NOW you have my attention! Very, very cool!! I think something like this could be a GREAT way to help STEM programs in middle schools.
Jan 10, 2020, 06:07 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthyy
Open source! NOW you have my attention! Very, very cool!! I think something like this could be a GREAT way to help STEM programs in middle schools.
The work that our hobby community does for open source projects like Betaflight is nothing short of amazing.
Jan 13, 2020, 10:42 AM
Thread OP
I have to say I was expecting more interest in this. Perhaps it's not worth continuing.
Jan 13, 2020, 10:54 AM
UAV Flight Operations Manager
No, I think people will be very interested in this, but maybe not this audience here. This website is FULL of people who like, and often even prefer, building their own stuff.

What you have is a system PERFECT for middle schools to integrate into their STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and MATH) program.
Jan 13, 2020, 04:19 PM
you need to explain the concept as completely as possible in 30 seconds or less on your website. what all do i need to buy? is this all off the shelf electronics or proprietary? can i build and mod the cars myself?

can you add details on the tech specs buried somewhere on the page so you can get more interest from the typical rcgroups member?

who is the target audience for this? kids? teachers? hardcore FPV fans?

car-based FPV is going to be a thing this year, and so your timing is good. but somehow this isn't being messaged properly because it doesn't seem to be generating interest even though people are thinking about this genre.

just trying to help.
Jan 14, 2020, 12:44 AM
I love the idea. Good job!!! Might have to put together a ready to go package for the masses
Jan 14, 2020, 01:49 AM
fly by night
Amazing system you've created here. There has to be a community that would embrace this I think. Maybe some FPVers will be intgerest, though I get the feeling that the RCG FPV forum is not very big any more, not a lot of volume of posts on this FPV General forum any more

Quick Reply