This thread is privately moderated by curdman, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 07, 2020, 11:59 PM
Thread OP
Contest

Northern California Slope Events 2020

Here is the calendar of Northern California slope racing events for 2020.

An 8 event inland series held by NCSS
An 8 event coastal series
The International Slope Race (unlimited Man On Man)

Looking forward to another great season of slope soaring!

Scott
NCSS
Last edited by curdman; Feb 03, 2020 at 01:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2020, 12:10 AM
Thank you for getting the schedule done, Scott!
- Steve
Jan 09, 2020, 07:49 PM
Thank you Scott
Jan 09, 2020, 11:01 PM
Thanks Scott!
Jan 12, 2020, 03:31 PM
In light of recent events one thing that has people concerned is the safety and legality of flying at Thorton Beach. According to this:

https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=29229

we are allowed to fly there. Specifically if there's no official posting that we are not allowed to fly there. I have called and I am getting an official statement from them. This is important because it will confirm that our AMA Insurance will protect us when flying there. Some have expressed disinterest recently in flying at Thorton because of this gray area and for safety reasons.

One thing I thing I have been thinking about is how an automated timing system could potentially improve safety at Thorton. In my opinion one of the more dangerous times is when landing as gliders have sometimes landed behind where people are not readily visible. A rotating spotter can check for people and help the pilot land but realistically this is only an option (at the current levels of participation) if we have automated timing. This would also eliminate the elevated risk of performing base worker duties.

One thing is for certain Funston, Thorton, and Mussel Rock are my home area of flying and I'm more interested in protecting these areas as safe and permitted areas for all types of slope flying more than F3F flying specifically.

Now is the time to discuss as the season is only a month away.
Feb 03, 2020, 12:22 PM
Thread OP
Fixed errors in the schedule, revised the attached calendar.

Corrected date of NCSS #3 back up (3/19), due to Easter.

Corrected date of NCSS #8 as 10/4, had wrong date
Last edited by curdman; Feb 03, 2020 at 01:39 PM.

Quick Reply