Mar 21, 2020, 08:29 PM
Service Engine Soon
Coronavirus Is Our Future | Alanna Shaikh | TEDxSMU (16 min 46 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Mar 21, 2020, 08:44 PM
Professional sink locator
That is good information for all of us, much better than what we are hearing from the Bloviator in Charge will give us. Remember that ten days ago he was still calling this a "Hoax", and you wonder why I don't trust the information that is being fed to us at his daily "News conferences" where he likes to attack the reporters that he invites...
Latest blog entry: Repairing a boom break
Mar 21, 2020, 09:38 PM
Jesper Frickmann
That TED talk was excellent - good info and sound advice!
Mar 22, 2020, 04:42 AM
Nice!!
Facts matter !!
Not the spin from our Political leaders
Mar 26, 2020, 07:00 PM
Service Engine Soon
We now have 3 counties nearby with a stay at home orders.
https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/dur...know/19030027/

I work in Wake live in Johnston my company told me to come in tomorrow so far they have not received the approval from the governor stating they are critical services that would be required to get through any roadblock. If there is any? looking like I will be out of work to me I have 5 weeks of vacation and another two weeks of personal and sick leave but hate to use all of that. My wife got her letter yesterday.

Farmville is in Pitt county. I guess we will still try to have an informal practice contest but anything more is out of the question.
Mar 27, 2020, 10:39 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Thread OP
It is pretty safe to declare the contest cancelled at this time...

Pitt county is also under the 'stay at home' restriction (gatherings only up to 10 people).
It would not be prudent to have any size event at this time.
Even if we could exercise reasonable caution and separation, there are always random risks of touching objects, coughing, sneezing, etc.
So the right thing to do is to admit that the contest is cancelled officially now
Lets hope we can return to contest events later in the summer or at least in fall 2020.
Mar 27, 2020, 12:28 PM
Bummer, but understandable.

Letís hope this gets better sooner rather than later.

I was hoping to get out to KS this May for the Midwest Slope Challenge but starting to lose hope for that one as well.

Meanwhile Iíll keep scanning patients but Iíll be day dreaming about flying with my friends.

Stay safe,
Duane
Mar 27, 2020, 01:43 PM
Jesper Frickmann
Mar 27, 2020, 07:27 PM
Professional sink locator
I hope that you are able to reschedule our/your contest before the fall event, I really want to come back to Farmville!
Latest blog entry: Repairing a boom break
Mar 27, 2020, 08:14 PM
Maarten
Sorry to hear but a wise decision.
We fly again in better times.
Stay healthy.
Maarten
Latest blog entry: CR Climmax pro
Mar 28, 2020, 09:29 AM
Jeff Carr
I hate to say this but it was a good call. I was so looking forward to this event. I like to get over and fly with the talent that you all have over there.

But I hope you reschedule or at least have a great fall contest.

Ill go out and practice my social distancing and fly by myself.

Jeff
Mar 28, 2020, 02:43 PM
Just looked at the weather down there.
Wow, did we miss a perfect weather weekend!
But, it was absolutely the right call.
Apr 05, 2020, 07:20 PM
Service Engine Soon
Dick and I had a little how low can you go contest today. The conditions would have been all about that and landing today. The task was whenever we started to whenever we stopped. But you had to verify that you could make the five minutes or fly it out if, questionable . . For every one success, I had at least 5 attempts. This field is flat and not a huge open area. So low starts and drifting towards the trees made it very difficult. I also found that the Thermal had to be very close by because to fly farther away was just too difficult to maintain the low slow turns.

My low record start prior to today was a 17m. The order of the pictures has been modified to fit your viewing screen.
Apr 05, 2020, 09:52 PM
Brady and I had a great time playing how low can you go. My best were 13, 17, and 19. The last two with my 55oz Windy as I had an issue with the SL. Interestingly, the Windy with the lightest battery I had and shoved way aft created a plane that flew slower and was very responsive to lift. Now, if something were to happen I know what to do with the heavier plane to keep going in light conditions.

Today was supposed to be day 2 of our contest. As Pete suggested the weekend weather was terrific. this would have been one heck of an event. Glad we had a chance to fly the weather.

We also mowed the field and it looks great.

For those that see us as thumbing our nose at the "stay home" orders it is a straight shot from home to the field-we keep our distance-have our exercise-and go directly home.

Dick

Quick Reply