Feb 13, 2020, 10:46 PM
We shall serve the Lord
Hope to see everyone there!

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2020, 07:55 AM
Hello everyone. As TINY is approaching, I am starting my annual order of retail products. I think this year, I will only be bringing batteries, since they seemed to be the best sellers in the past years. My main dealer is out of everything except for 2s 450's. I figured most would buy those, but i would like to supply a decent variety for everyone. As of yesterday, i am a dealer for Thunder Power batteries. What would everyone think about Thunder Power? I know they are a little more than what most pay, but they are great products. Do you think any of y'all would buy them? I will have several sizes. If not, I will just have to order a bunch of 2s 450's. See everyone soon!
Feb 20, 2020, 01:17 PM
AMA Member #6955

Best Da** Indoor Flying Event in the country!

We should rename the thread to Best Da** Indoor Fly-In in the country. Well, maybe not. If the word gets out that this is the most fun indoor event ever and most hospitable bunch of people to fly with, it might triple the attendance! And if there were triple the pilots, Chad would run out of airplanes by noon on the first day since he would have mid-aired them all with the added planes in the airpsace.

Poor Chad.

We are really looking forward to this event and hope everyone is putting the finishing touches on your birds. I hear that Gary has been packed and ready since December for this event! Looking forward to see what he has in his mini Air Force. Rumor has it that he has more planes than Iran! (At least that are flying.) LOL!

See y'all in a few short weeks! Travel safe!

AJ
Feb 20, 2020, 01:31 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamatic
Hello everyone. As TINY is approaching, I am starting my annual order of retail products. I think this year, I will only be bringing batteries, since they seemed to be the best sellers in the past years. My main dealer is out of everything except for 2s 450's. I figured most would buy those, but i would like to supply a decent variety for everyone. As of yesterday, i am a dealer for Thunder Power batteries. What would everyone think about Thunder Power? I know they are a little more than what most pay, but they are great products. Do you think any of y'all would buy them? I will have several sizes. If not, I will just have to order a bunch of 2s 450's. See everyone soon!
I've only ever owned one thunder power battery ever. My first electric model. Then your choices were TP, or Kokham. I had one of each. 700 ish in size and $30 each!

As for today, I use whatever is cheapest as I don't seem to have a need for top of the line batteries or should I say the models I like are well adapted to the lower cost batteries.

Aside from price, the last time I checked TP had their own type of balance plug which would make them unusable for me at any price.

If you can get generic small batts in any size, I would as things from china may be hard to get for a while if this Corona virus mess doesn't get resolved soon.

That's my 2 cents, add $5 to it and you can get you a coffee at Starbucks!
Feb 20, 2020, 01:33 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcntech
I hear that Gary has been packed and ready since December for this event! Looking forward to see what he has in his mini Air Force. Rumor has it that he has more planes than Iran! (At least that are flying.) LOL!

See y'all in a few short weeks! Travel safe!

AJ
And he's crashed more planes than Iraq!
Feb 21, 2020, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=wcntech;43865525]We should rename the thread to Best Da** Indoor Fly-In in the country. Well, maybe not. If the word gets out that this is the most fun indoor event ever and most hospitable bunch of people to fly with, it might triple the attendance! And if there were triple the pilots, Chad would run out of airplanes by noon on the first day since he would have mid-aired them all with the added planes in the airpsace.

Poor Chad.

Don't worry about Chad running out of airplanes! Rumor has it that there is an airplane factory in his basement!
Feb 23, 2020, 08:14 PM
For everyone with that fast delta what motor are you guys running ? Been wanting to build mine for several years but the motor has been a tough one to find.
Feb 24, 2020, 08:57 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake2life
For everyone with that fast delta what motor are you guys running ? Been wanting to build mine for several years but the motor has been a tough one to find.
Bubba found an 1806 2500 kv motor of another make, but you dont have time to order one. Get the plane ready, someone at the event will have one of the old ones to get it in the air.
Mar 01, 2020, 08:27 PM

Edf at TINY

Finished this one up
Mar 01, 2020, 08:35 PM
Woody will be there also.
Mar 02, 2020, 11:10 PM
David H.

TINY is getting Closer!

TINY is getting Closer!
Can't wait to hear Aaron say "There's a snake in my Boot" !
Mar 03, 2020, 05:05 PM
Lost in the Sky

Seaplanes!

A suggestion for next year: Seaplanes!

This is an indoor seaplane meet that took place in France earlier this year. The pool is sheet plastic over 2X4s with a couple of inches of water. In the early 2000s, we had several indoor seaplane meets at the Keller Natatorium over a real swimming pool and airplanes ROWed and I recovered wet airplanes with my kayak. Ask Gary about it. He was there.

We could have an event like Last Plane Down where everybody has to ROW and fly until the music stops. Last plane not on the water is out until there is only one plane left.

Hydravions en salle avec le Club des Mouettes d'Epinay-sur-Orge (2020)

RENCONTRE INDOOR HYDRAVIONS - EPINAY SUR ORGE - Janvier 2020 (5 min 45 sec)
Mar 03, 2020, 05:50 PM
We shall serve the Lord
Fast Deltas on Floats! YES!
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Mar 04, 2020, 09:10 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
Thread OP
It's almost time! We are getting the last minute preparations made here, I'm sure you are too.

Dont forget your extension cords and power strips. Theres plenty of power, but its centrally located in the pit area. Duct tape is handy too.

The door opens at 8 am all 3 days.
While we dont have an official online registration, you can use paypal to send us your landing fees if you want.

Angelorcflyers@gmail.com

We are planning on having our catered meal on friday night, please tell me friday morning if you want to eat with us.

We will have our monthly club meeting tomorrow night at Golden Corral starting about 6pm, if your here on Thursday, come on out!

Its gonna be fun!

Mark
Mar 05, 2020, 05:10 PM
Rather be flying

Tiny Bound!

Built a new Ford for Tiny.

Quick Reply