Jan 06, 2020, 08:28 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
Thread OP
Fly-In

14th Annual TINY March 6th, 7th, and 8th 2020

Get ready for the 14th annual

T.I.N.Y.

Fly-In

Well number 14 is here! Can you believe it? It has been a great run for all of us that enjoy indoor flying. This event has survived the years because of all you that attend and spend your precious hobby dollars keeping it going year after year. And THAT is why I still do it. Well OK, that and I like indoor flying too...
I am so proud to have been in this hobby and be able to have met and befriended people of your character. We have the best hobby in the world because of the people in it. You guys bring it every year, and I know this year will be no different. Thank you all.

Mark

Angelo R/C Inc is proud to be the hosting club and the event is still located in the wonderful San Angelo Coliseum where we have the biggest and friendliest indoor skies in Texas! The address is 50 E 43rd st, San Angelo, TX, 76903

There will be on premises concessions, and plenty of pit area with ample electrical outlets. The floor of the coliseum is 100’ by 200’ with a 65’ minimum ceiling rig height and over 80' in the center! We will have a 16oz/3s limit on all models, and co-axial helicopters only. AMA membership is required to fly. We can honor AMA parkflyers insurance at this event as well. If you have lost your card, I can verify you through the web if you know your AMA number. Anyone I can't verify, will have to join to be able to fly per AMA rules! Please understand this is out of my hands.

If any of want to sponsor an event or know of someone who does, please get them to me!
While it pains me to do so, I will have to increase landing fees slightly this year to cover the rising costs of this event. Last year we had to do some fundraising after the event was over to break even! While we are not looking for profit at all, the event has to pay for itself or as a small town club we can't continue to have it! As a participant as well as CD, I want this event to keep going for as long as it can.

The landing fee will be $25 per day with 2 raffle tickets, or $60 for the 3 day weekend which will include 10 raffle tickets. We also have a family package which will cover one parent and up to 3 of their kids for $120 and 20 raffle tickets!

HOURS

Pilots hours are 8 AM till midnight all three days. While you can get there as early as you want, per our contract I can't let you in until 8 AM so you might as well sleep in. The lights go off at midnight and we have to be vacated by then every night.

Public visitors are also welcome! The front doors will be open to the public on Saturday from 9 AM to 8 PM and Sunday from 10 AM to 5 PM. Since Friday is our set up day, per our contract it is for pilots only, The front doors will be locked and pilots and their guests only will be let in through the west side door. Friday is still a flying day, so plan on having fun!

While we will have a few scheduled events throughout the days, the bulk of the flying time as always is for open flying. This is going to be some serious fun, so don’t be the guy wishing you had come, get in your car and drive to Foster Communications Coliseum, 50 E. 43rd St, San Angelo, TX. click here for map.

We are planning to again to have a meal catered on Friday night about 6 pm. We will be Using Kenny Blanek again as you guys have crowned him king of food for our meal.
Contests

Lodging

RV Hookups

RVs and trailers are always welcome at the T.I.N.Y. and you can park them just outside the Coliseum free of charge if you don't need hookups of any kind. If you need hookups, they are a short walk away from the Coliseum and the contact info for renting those is below.

Kermit Wendland @ 325-653-7785 (M-F) is the contact for the SA Stock Show / Fairgrounds who owns/rents the hookups.

Event Motel

In years past I have negotiated a group rate at the Inn of the Conchos. This is where most of you stayed the last few years, and they are very close to the Coliseum. They have a hot breakfast, high speed wireless, and a Cafe on the property as well. You can usually have a room with 2 queen, or 1 king sized bed. Smoking rooms are available. They require a 24 hour notice for cancellation. For those of you in groups, you might consider the cabanas that the San Angelo State park has or that KOA has. They are very affordable!

Notice for lodging in general. The oil filed has let up considerably and with all the local motels, I don't see an availibility issue this year. PLEASE make your reservations early as you can always cancel them if plans change. I will follow up with Inn of the Conchos to see what they have for us this year.

contact info:

We do have regional service here to our municipal airport via American Eagle. I can also provide a commercial address and free storage if someone does wish to ship some planes here to be waiting for them.

the wonderful pictures of the venue courtesy of Richard Ng:

]
Last edited by aeronot; Jan 06, 2020 at 08:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2020, 09:02 PM
A WEST TEXAS TRADITION!

Can't wait to see the old friends again and make new ones!
Last edited by Txskywriter; Jan 06, 2020 at 09:13 PM.
Jan 06, 2020, 11:23 PM
BFMA #13, aka Rogue 13
long as i am not tied up on a contract job, i will be there.

best indoor site, ever.
Jan 07, 2020, 01:41 PM
AMA Member #6955
Looking forward to it!
Jan 08, 2020, 09:36 PM
Flying...Pushing Air Down
Yippee!

Jan 14, 2020, 09:52 AM

A Picture of The Venue!

Courtesy of Gary Jones!
Jan 16, 2020, 08:25 PM
Gotta get some stuff ready for this magnificent event!
Jan 18, 2020, 01:45 PM
I bet this isn't the only one that has gone to Airplane Heaven since T.I.N.Y. last year!
Jan 18, 2020, 11:12 PM
That would be a good bet!

Jan 22, 2020, 06:29 PM
David H.
Woo Hoo.......
Can't wait.
Jan 23, 2020, 10:55 AM
Lost in the Sky
The 5 6 7 8s Woo Hoo (1 min 51 sec)
Feb 06, 2020, 01:47 PM
Looking forward to TINY
James
Feb 10, 2020, 12:13 PM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71fan
Yippee!

It's WOOOOOO HHHOOOOOOO
Feb 10, 2020, 07:30 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71fan
Gotta get some stuff ready for this magnificent event!
As ugly as that thang is, I doubt it made it into airplane heaven...
Feb 12, 2020, 07:55 PM
I will be there.

Roger

Quick Reply