This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 06, 2020, 05:08 PM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

XK x450 Unboxing and hover test .

XK x450 unboxing + hover test (5 min 59 sec)

Air quality was terrible ..
But there was little wind to speak off .

Someone kicked (?) the hell out of the box , but thankfully the XK x450 was undamaged .
I dont have XT30 connectors , so I used some 2.5mm bullet connectors shoved into the plug and alligator clips to bring the battery to full charge ( balance charged ) . So will take a while for a XT60 to XT30 adaptor plug to arrive . ( So this is all she wrote for now )

Drift

The x450 does drift some what .
I connected the battery on a flat surface , and there was a lot of drift back and to the left ..
Reconnecting the battery seemed to help a lot ..

My sample hovers fine .
Hmmm , maybe the drift can be adjusted for by the angle you keep the x450 at when connecting the battery and arming ?
Or just trim it out ? This hover maiden was just one battery , and as mentioned I dont have a XT30 connector for the charger .
Using the alligator clips was risky business !

I will say that the x450 does feel a little flimsy here and there , and could break in a spectacular way if jammed into terrafirma . It is at the very least a very interesting RC plane that should entertain . Looking forward to getting my adaptor plug so I can charge the battery safely and doing some transitions .

to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply