Jan 06, 2020, 03:23 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

ESC Trouble

I've been flying drones for over a year but have just recently started getting into building them from scratch. This is the first twin motor aircraft I've ever built (Skywalker EV-2000) and I've run into a few issues when powering on the system. Currently, I am using a 4S 3,000 mAh battery with a 25-50C discharge rate. I already have an external BEC linked to the receiver set at 5.5V. When I plug in the battery (Rx is already bound), the ESCs make rapid beeping noises. I've also noticed that the motors also twitch while this beeping is going on. I also forgot to mention that there are 40A ESCs connected to each motor. All the items that are used are the factory items that fpvmodel.com sends out with the Plug N' Play set. Any insight would be appreciated.

Here's the link to fpvmodel's website on the EVE-2000: https://fpvmodel.com/products/skywal...71670dc0&_ss=r
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2020, 09:48 AM
Is the transmitter switched on?

Peter
Jan 07, 2020, 11:22 AM
Since you have a BEC powering the receiver, did you disconnect the 5 volt output from the ESC's.

Bob
Jan 07, 2020, 02:43 PM
Thread OP
I disconnected the red power leads on the connectors leading to the receiver and they were still beeping 2-3 times per second. I re-bound the receiver to the transmitter and it still does the same thing.
Jan 07, 2020, 06:05 PM
Do all the servos work as they should do? If so then the receiver is working correctly.
Are you able to upload some photos of the wiring which may point to the cause of the problem?
Jan 08, 2020, 12:22 AM
The twitching is normal, beeping is done with current on the motor.
Why it does beep is something the manual or the manufacturer would be able to tell. It's not like the parts are new/unused and thus have warranty and support.

My guess is they're warning you there's no rx signal coming in, or it's wrong.
Jan 08, 2020, 03:41 PM
Thread OP
The servos don't seem to be working. It seems as if they are getting power though because I moved them from their current position and they moved back after I plugged in the battery. I included a couple of pictures to show how I have it hooked up (at least the motors (Channel 1)and the ailerons(Channel 2)). I have the BEC hardwired from the battery leads going to the receiver. The BEC is just plugged into a channel port that I happen to not be using. The ESCs are connected to the battery leads through that connector and are also connected to the 3 wire lead. Is there anything wrong with that setup that could cause issues?
Jan 08, 2020, 04:33 PM
Are you sure your receiver is bound to your transmitter? Everything you've posted suggests that power is there but the receiver is not sending out any signals to the servos and speed controllers. The receiver should be showing a green light if it's bound, and you should also see an RSSI indication on your transmitter screen.

Also, are you sure that the throttle channel is #1? That's the norm with Spektrum, but with others it can often be channel #3. Also, with Taranis you lose the signal if the transmitter is too close to the receiver.

Quick Reply