Feb 18, 2020, 10:08 PM
There must be few cricket pitches in BC
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2020, 10:38 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
3 in fact but we also have a major population of Indian immigrants and cricket is huge there... so its hard to really know if that is driven by Old School British alignment or recent Indian immigration.

at 49 I have never in my life stumbled across a cricket match as an example...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freya
There must be few cricket pitches in BC
Feb 19, 2020, 01:23 AM
plays with toy planes
I fly off one in Central Seattle, and there's a lively weekend tournament scene there during the fair months. Pretty cool.
Feb 20, 2020, 08:22 PM
There are 2 in the north part of Seattle. They are both busy during the season on the weekends.
Feb 20, 2020, 10:17 PM
Will fly for food
Marymoor park also had one but now its a parking lot.
Feb 23, 2020, 11:27 PM
As of today, I'm planning on driving to Poway for the 2020 IHLGF. If you would like me to take something for you that you don't want to take on an airplane, let me know.
Feb 26, 2020, 05:03 PM
Hey Barry, do you ever fly at Jefferson? I'm just a few blocks away from and looking to start flying DLGs, would love to meet and learn from some other folks.

So far I've mostly just seen people flying Strix Nano Goblins and little warbird replicas out there while I've been out with a foamie sailplane or strolling my kiddo around.

Those Samoan cricket food concessions are no joke -- like six popup tents selling all kinds of lumpia etc when there are only about thirty (admittedly gargantuan) players milling about in sarongs

I've had some good times flying my paraglider for short hops off the south slope there in midsummer.
Feb 26, 2020, 08:59 PM
plays with toy planes
I do indeed! I really love flying out of that park, generally early mornings and late afternoons, staying out of any and everyone's way.

Would be great to connect with you claussen, and it'd frankly help nudge me to get some flying time in! I'll PM my text number.
Feb 26, 2020, 11:18 PM
Blind Hawk
Thread OP
claussen,

Another good place to connect with DLG pilots is Wednesday afternoons at 60 Acres Park in Redmond. SASS has the field reserved for gliders (every Wednesday) and everyone is welcome. As we get more "in season" there are more and more guys out there every week.

Rj
Mar 06, 2020, 12:29 PM
In the off-chance that anyone from out of town was planning to attend our first PASS F3K contest of the season, please note that the date has been changed from Saturday the 7th to Sunday the 8th. This is due to rain forecast on Saturday and the promise of partly sunny/dry on Sunday.

Craig
Mar 06, 2020, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Robinson
In the off-chance that anyone from out of town was planning to attend our first PASS F3K contest of the season, please note that the date has been changed from Saturday the 7th to Sunday the 8th. This is due to rain forecast on Saturday and the promise of partly sunny/dry on Sunday.

Craig
What time are you starting? And still in St. Paul?

Mario
Mar 06, 2020, 06:07 PM
Hi Mario,
We are scheduled for a 10:00 am start at our St. Paul field.
It would be great if you are able to join us!
Mar 07, 2020, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Robinson
Hi Mario,
We are scheduled for a 10:00 am start at our St. Paul field.
It would be great if you are able to join us!
It was probably wishful thinking, we are lambing and it doesn’t look like the last group is going to cooperate.....
Mar 09, 2020, 12:11 PM
Will fly for Bourbon
I posted a new video on my blog. Highlights from the last 2 years on the contest circuit and practice. You never know what you might see

2018 2019 Season Highlights (2 min 22 sec)
Mar 09, 2020, 07:48 PM
Nice Banks. You do have other usable talents.
Cary

Quick Reply