Thread Tools
Apr 13, 2020, 06:27 PM
FPV'r
ror1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull
The silicone handles vibration better and it's also great for silicone wire because unlike most adhesives it will bond with silicone insulation. It also won't melt anything from heat. About the only drawback is it needs 24 hours to cure.

The chloroprene glue is specifically designed for use on PCBs and after trying it I would now not use anything else for that application. It's stiff but not completely rigid, it holds well in high vibration environments, and it's easy to remove later.
ya all true and I know but again I use what I have...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2020, 07:05 PM
Blue Sky Mining
batballs's Avatar
Is that tiny tube of silicon any different to the big tube of neutral cure silicon rubber I use for other things?
Apr 13, 2020, 08:43 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
pmackenzie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by batballs
Is that tiny tube of silicon any different to the big tube of neutral cure silicon rubber I use for other things?
Regular silicone rubber has a vinegar odour. Don't use that because the smell is acetic acid, and that can damage circuit boards.
There is another type that does not have the vinegar smell, more of a sweet chemical odour. Sometimes called Silicone II

FWIW, I usually use GOOP for these type of things, because as ror1 said, I have it
Apr 13, 2020, 08:51 PM
ancora imparo
jj604's Avatar
Thread OP

Kafuter adhesives


For what it's worth.

Hobbyking sell the Kafuter 703 silicone based adhesive.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/k703-silicone-glue.html

Banggood have the Kafuter 1668 chloroprene based adhesive

https://au.banggood.com/Kafuter-K-16...r_warehouse=CN
Apr 14, 2020, 05:15 AM
Blue Skies
hifinsword's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie
Regular silicone rubber has a vinegar odour. Don't use that because the smell is acetic acid, and that can damage circuit boards.
There is another type that does not have the vinegar smell, more of a sweet chemical odour. Sometimes called Silicone II

FWIW, I usually use GOOP for these type of things, because as ror1 said, I have it
I've used this DAP Acrylic Latex Caulk plus Silicone before. But I haven't in awhile now. Like so many things in my "shop" (room over garage), outta sight, outta mind. Sometimes it seems I spend more time looking for parts, than fixing something I broke. I remember the caution against certain acid-based caulks but I think this one was safe to use on electronics. I used it to secure servos. But it does take forever to cure IIRC.

The Silicone II was a GE product I think. Both of these products are available at the big box stores here in the USA.
Don
Last edited by hifinsword; Apr 14, 2020 at 05:21 AM.
Apr 14, 2020, 10:48 AM
Registered User
Well, it looks like I will be waiting a while to order myself one of these receivers from Lemon itself. I sent an e-mail asking a coupel questions, and one was regarding them shipping to Canada during these times, and this was their reply.

'Due to Coronavirus with reduced air traffic worldwide, delivery service is suspended at the moment to Canada.'

Not the biggest of deals as I am not flying yet, the field is temporarily closed, and the plane I want it for will be my second plane after training anyways. But I just wanted to post their reply anyways in case others were thinking about ordering right now too.
Apr 15, 2020, 04:41 AM
Blue Skies
hifinsword's Avatar
I ordered some items on 3 April. Twelve days later the status still shows processing. I live on the East Coast USA.

The note on my order says
"Dear Customer
Due to Coronavirus with reduced air traffic worldwide, shipment may be delayed, please enquire to [email protected] for shipping status, thanks and sorry to keep you waiting.
Best Regards,
Lemon Rx Officer
Fanny"

Don
Apr 15, 2020, 09:53 PM
ancora imparo
jj604's Avatar
Thread OP

Current situation with Lemon deliveries


Just for info. I do not work for Lemon - this is all I know.

Judging from recent email correspondence with them, Lemon are still very much alive and active but like everyone else they are affected by the virus.
My understanding is the thing that is most visible at the moment is that International passenger aircraft are essentially grounded around the world. Small low cost items like Lemon receivers normally go by airmail postage and airmail postage largely travels as cargo in passenger aircraft.
No passenger aircraft = no small airmail postage.
Big vendors like Hobbyking or aggregator outfits like Banggood get round this by shipping containers by air cargo (which is not grounded) to local warehouses or distribution centres and redistributing, when it arrives in country, by domestic deliveries.

Lemon are actively working on ways around the current situation and as people know things change almost daily. Given the large numbers of unemployed aircraft and crews it is unlikely the Chinese won’t find a quick solution to the airmail issues given how many businesses there rely on international mail order.

We will just have to be a bit patient and understanding for now.

There are also resellers who carry stock.
Feel free to add to this list if you know of others.

RCJuice (USA)
http://rcjuice.com/

Trans Yue International Trade LLC (BUDDY RC) (USA)
www.buddyrc.com

Performance Hobbies (Australia)
https://www.performancehobbies.com.a...vers/aircraft/

RC-netbutik (DENMARK)
www.rc-netbutik.dk

Remote Control Systems (Australia)
http://www.rcs-rc.com

Great Hobbies Central Distribution (Canada)
www.greathobbies.com

Robotbirds (UK)
http://robotbirds.com/

Flying Tech Ltd (UK)
www.FlyingTech.co.uk

Rapid Models (UK)
https://www.rapidrcmodels.com/lemon-...vers-155-c.asp

ALIGN KOREA Inc
http://www.electricrc.co.kr/


In addition there are the Admiral (MotionRC) and Hyperion range which are rebadged receivers made by Lemon.

John
Last edited by jj604; Apr 16, 2020 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Updated dealer list/fixed typo
Apr 16, 2020, 09:33 AM
Old's Cool
Buddy RC (Ohio, USA) carries Lemon. https://www.buddyrc.com/
Apr 16, 2020, 04:25 PM
I can fix that!
doug.wagner's Avatar
That link for Performance Hobbies (USA) appears to be in Australia.
Apr 16, 2020, 08:50 PM
ancora imparo
jj604's Avatar
Thread OP
Thanks Doug. Typo is fixed.

John
Apr 19, 2020, 09:07 AM
Registered User
Hi folks, I'm having some minor issues with a couple of Lemon 6ch receivers I bought recently from eBay (yeah I know, what do you expect from eBay... but it's a seller I've used before and seems to be legit).

I recently got a couple of Devo 7e radios a backups to my Dx6e, figuring it was a nice cheap, compact and flexible alternative. I also picked up a couple of the top pin receivers (https://www.lemon-rx.com/index.php?r...product_id=178). However, neither Tx will bind to either Tx. I have updated with the latest Deviation firmware, and also rolled back to v4.0.1, in DSMX and DSM2 mode, basically twiddled every setting I could find, and no joy. Also tried taking everything outside and making sure I was stood a good distance away.

I'm pretty sure there is nothing fundamentally wrong with any of the hardware I have. The Devo 7es will bind to an older Lemon DSMX receiver that I had knocking around, and also to Orange and Spektrum DSMX Rxs. So there's no issue with the Devos connecting to DSMX receivers, it only affects the newest Lemons. I have also tested the new Lemon Rx with a Spektrum Dx6e and they bind with no issues at all - so again, they are not faulty as such.

This leads me to conclude that there's some minor change in the newer Lemon receivers that has made them incompatible with Devo transmitters.

It's not a huge problem for me right now as I have plenty of spare bits knocking around, but just flagging this up to see if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Thanks for all the info in this thread by the way, really appreciate the work you all have put in!
Apr 19, 2020, 10:49 PM
ancora imparo
jj604's Avatar
Thread OP
Interesting.

The latest Lemon 6channel will have the current SDR (Software Defined Radio) RF board, your older Lemon, Spektrum and Orange will have the legacy CYPRESS CYRF6936 chip which is also used in the Deviation transmitters.

Lemon test their receivers against genuine Spektrum transmitters for compatibility. They also do some testing with Multiprotocol modules and in general compatibility is good but there are a very few old DSM2 and DSMX compatible transmitter modules that we know do not bind.

I'm guessing there is some kind of incompatibility between the Deviation version of the DSMX protocol running on the CYRF6936 chip and the SDR circuit.

I will let Lemon know but I do not believe they have ever tested with a Deviation transmitter to date.
If we can confirm that there is an issue with Deviation and the current receivers we will add it as a warning to the Instructions.

Just for info, the latest Spektrum receivers are also an SDR design and no longer use the CYRF6936 chip. the TI 2650 chip that Spektrum use is not the same as the one used by Lemon however. You might search the Deviation forums to see if there has been any issue with them?

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMullet
Hi folks, I'm having some minor issues with a couple of Lemon 6ch receivers I bought recently from eBay (yeah I know, what do you expect from eBay... but it's a seller I've used before and seems to be legit).

I recently got a couple of Devo 7e radios a backups to my Dx6e, figuring it was a nice cheap, compact and flexible alternative. I also picked up a couple of the top pin receivers (https://www.lemon-rx.com/index.php?r...product_id=178). However, neither Tx will bind to either Tx. I have updated with the latest Deviation firmware, and also rolled back to v4.0.1, in DSMX and DSM2 mode, basically twiddled every setting I could find, and no joy. Also tried taking everything outside and making sure I was stood a good distance away.

I'm pretty sure there is nothing fundamentally wrong with any of the hardware I have. The Devo 7es will bind to an older Lemon DSMX receiver that I had knocking around, and also to Orange and Spektrum DSMX Rxs. So there's no issue with the Devos connecting to DSMX receivers, it only affects the newest Lemons. I have also tested the new Lemon Rx with a Spektrum Dx6e and they bind with no issues at all - so again, they are not faulty as such.

This leads me to conclude that there's some minor change in the newer Lemon receivers that has made them incompatible with Devo transmitters.

It's not a huge problem for me right now as I have plenty of spare bits knocking around, but just flagging this up to see if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Thanks for all the info in this thread by the way, really appreciate the work you all have put in!
Apr 20, 2020, 03:49 AM
Registered User
Thanks for the info John! I have posted about this on the Deviation forum too, but not had any replies as yet. (Thread is here: https://www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-discussions).
Apr 20, 2020, 07:17 PM
ancora imparo
jj604's Avatar
Thread OP
The suspicion is that it is a frequency issue with the transmitter module not a protocol problem.
I know the Multimodule has a problem like this with the CC2500 chip protocols and sometimes needs tuning in the firmware because of variations in crystal accuracy.

What model transmitter are you using?

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMullet
Thanks for the info John! I have posted about this on the Deviation forum too, but not had any replies as yet. (Thread is here: https://www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-discussions).


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion The NEW official Lemon Stabilizer Plus thread jj604 Radios 3719 Oct 16, 2021 11:03 PM
Discussion The official Lemon stabilizer receiver thread - NEW USERS read first 8 posts. :-) jj604 Radios 8262 Oct 13, 2021 08:04 PM
The official new ESR/IR Mark II meter thread NB: READ THE FIRST 10 POSTS jj604 Batteries and Chargers 107 Sep 13, 2021 07:45 PM
Discussion The official Lemon 4.1g VTX + Camera thread jj604 FPV Equipment 143 Mar 07, 2021 04:20 AM
Discussion The official Lemon Stabilizer PLUS thread jj604 Radios 1056 Jan 20, 2017 05:18 PM