Jan 04, 2020, 02:16 PM
Team WarpSquad
jj604 and Daedalus66: Glad there is a new thread to keep info about the new line of Lemon RX organized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourist_603
AND the new micro light brick looks very interesting for RC conversions of the many classic rubber power scale designs.
Agreed! The upcoming 7-channel "microlight brick" is what I'm personally most interested in.

I do hope there will eventually be a version of the microlight brick with a brushless (rather than brushed) ESC built-in. Even though they're convenient electronically, I've long grown tired brushed motors. There are now enough micro brushless options that I've sworn off anything brushed. This is true even if it means that I have to build marginally larger and heavier models during a transition period.

Hopefully, a "brushless microlight brick" is an area where Lemon can innovate and offer a solid option that goes beyond what is available from the usual suspects.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2020, 03:23 PM
65 years of RC flying
You can, of course, use an external brushless ESC. Not quite as neat and light a solution, but quite workable in most cases. As the comparison document makes clear, the unit is capable of operating on 2S LiPo and channel 1 output is available for this purpose.

Maybe a future version?
Jan 05, 2020, 09:03 AM
Blue Sky Mining
Thanks for the new thread fellas.

“Lemon micro servos (1 or 2S)” are these available? Or in plan?
Nothing like it on the website.
Jan 05, 2020, 09:15 AM
ancora imparo
Thread OP
Planned. Will probably see them at the same time as the 7 channel brick. This estimate however has all the usual reliability.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by batballs
Thanks for the new thread fellas.

“Lemon micro servos (1 or 2S)” are these available? Or in plan?
Nothing like it on the website.
Jan 07, 2020, 05:24 AM
Fly as high as the sun
Subscribed, big thanks for this new thread jj604 and Daedalus66
Jan 07, 2020, 06:37 PM
I didn’t see any new products on website. When will they be available?
If they are the new version how will we know?
Ken
Jan 07, 2020, 08:40 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith
I didn’t see any new products on website. When will they be available?
If they are the new version how will we know?
Ken
Did you read the attachment in the first post?

-= Dave
Jan 08, 2020, 01:04 AM
Hello everyone,

Just to say hi here. We look forward to your suggestions or any questions with Lemon Rx product. We should have a lot of new products coming on 2020 so stay tuned!

Best Regards,

Lemon Rx Officer
Last edited by fmak2; Jan 08, 2020 at 02:52 AM.
Jan 08, 2020, 02:32 AM
BMFA 190658
Eagerly waiting
Last edited by SilentPilot; Jan 08, 2020 at 01:35 PM.
Jan 08, 2020, 10:33 AM
Team WarpSquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66
You can, of course, use an external brushless ESC. Not quite as neat and light a solution, but quite workable in most cases. As the comparison document makes clear, the unit is capable of operating on 2S LiPo and channel 1 output is available for this purpose.
That's right! I did read in the spreadsheet that the microlight RX has throttle signal out to drive an external ESC. However, a separate BL ESC adds weight, esp. as the lightest BL ESCs are becoming harder to find. Thus my desire for an all-in-one solution that includes the BL ESC.

Quote:
Maybe a future version?
That's what I'm hoping for, and what the Scratchbuilt Micro Model guys would probably appreciate even more.
Jan 08, 2020, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenmaniac
Did you read the attachment in the first post?

-= Dave
I did I guess I should have asked is Product Code: LM0021S one of the new products. I am betting yes, as it has one antenna, while the ones I have have two.
Is this worth me buying these to replace the old style? It was stated that it’s range is longer.
Thanks

Ken
Great products, great service
Jan 08, 2020, 04:24 PM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmak2
Hello everyone,

Just to say hi here. We look forward to your suggestions or any questions with Lemon Rx product. We should have a lot of new products coming on 2020 so stay tuned!

Best Regards,

Lemon Rx Officer
I have a suggestion fmak. Can the antennas be placed so the come out of the end of the Rx rather than the sides? Some of my models are cramped for space on the sides but have plenty of room forward and aft of the Rx. Maybe the next time you order cases, provisions could be made for both side and end exits. And we could rotate the antennas for our own preferences. Thanks.
Don
Jan 08, 2020, 06:57 PM
Old's Cool
Not to take away from your suggestion, but its quite easy to cut a notch in the case and run the antennas out where ever you want. I often run one out on each side. You can also purchase the extended antennas for more reach. I always keep a couple these on hand. That said, a few pre-cut notches wouldn't hurt if it didn't increase the price.

Can't wait for the 10 channel stabilizer - hopefully not a Plus version.
Jan 08, 2020, 09:32 PM
Burnooly
You said “You can also purchase the extended antennas for more reach.”. I have tried to replace an antenna that came off, never got it back on. What’s the secret to putting them back on.

Thanks
Ken
Jan 09, 2020, 05:34 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnooly
Not to take away from your suggestion, but its quite easy to cut a notch in the case and run the antennas out where ever you want. I often run one out on each side. You can also purchase the extended antennas for more reach. I always keep a couple these on hand. That said, a few pre-cut notches wouldn't hurt if it didn't increase the price.

Can't wait for the 10 channel stabilizer - hopefully not a Plus version.
I've done that with my diversity Lemons. As you can see, I also reinforce the case so it doesn't pull apart when I have to remove them. It's not that big a deal but since Lemon will be ordering new cases at some point, why not put the ports all around so we can choose which ones the 2 antennas will be routed to. It's a small thing, but that's what separates the really good retailers from the run-of-the-mill ones.
Don

Quick Reply