Jan 03, 2020, 09:33 PM
I crash planes
Thread OP
Discussion

Scale and tile...how??

I am trying to scale and tile a plan..I have been out of the building game for awhile. I used to have all the programs for doing it and can't remember anymore lol..could someone tell me how to upscale this plan or even post one at 150% of original size?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2020, 09:52 PM
I crash planes
Thread OP
If someone does upload a tiled one can you possibly do so in letter size pretty please.
Jan 04, 2020, 03:02 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Open the file on Adobe Reader
scale it up 150% at the top of the page
select "poster" , "cut marks" and "labels"
print the tiles

Or take the file to FedEx Office and they can enlarge and print it on their large format printer . The last time I did that it cost about $8 .
Jan 04, 2020, 04:06 PM
I crash planes
Thread OP
Thanks, I thought the computer at work had adobe...I guess it's a "lite" version so that's why I couldn't get it. I'll download the full version and give it a try.
Jan 04, 2020, 04:34 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Any version of Adobe Reader should work as long as it has the scale button/menu at the top of the page .
Jan 04, 2020, 06:19 PM
I crash planes
Thread OP
Yea this one doesn't, I'll download the other one monday. All the programs I used to have for this no longer exist lol. It's been a few years. Thanks can't wait to start building again. Just not completely sure on which plane now. Wanted to do the p51 again, but found some other cool ones.
Jan 06, 2020, 12:00 AM
Letís eschew obfuscation.
My printer driver will both scale and tile. It's a plain jane HP inkjet. Push the Print button, select "Poster" and "150%".
Jan 18, 2020, 01:34 AM
I crash planes
Thread OP
Thanks new222! I'll be building one soon. Right now building a VP SideWinder, it's kinda like a flite test bloody baron.
Jan 18, 2020, 01:06 PM
No problem. Glad I can help. Only takes me a minute to do and I had some free time last night. Just did a search. Those both are nice looking airplanes.
Jan 20, 2020, 08:57 PM
The problem with scaling plans up is that you have to pay attention to tabs and slots that should be the thickness of your foam, as well as server cutouts, and anything else that doesn't scale. As long as you are aware of this and make adjustments as you are cutting, you should be fine. Just pay attention.

Quick Reply