This thread is privately moderated by Herb, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 07, 2020, 05:28 PM
Pro Hoarder

Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb
Guess what I rescued out of the trashcan at Fairview ... This one was Rick's, three went in on Sunday within a matter of minutes.

Had to fabricate a motor mount out of thick plywood, that aluminum x-mount is nowhere to be found. Four new servos, and hinges ... Ready to fly !

Why did he toss it? I have one that I painted up to look like a local full scale..The model flys surprisingly well ...even with all the ballast in the dummy motor
Latest blog entry: In flight
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2020, 11:17 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Nice !

I was told he crashed it twice, once lightly and the second time it went in hard ... By the time I got there the trash can was full with his wing & fuselage pieces, tail ripped out, servos ripped out, cabane struts undone etc. Even all the linkages pulled out, why ?

I took it home and fixed it in two evenings. Plenty of gorilla glue and masking tape, new linkages and four inexpensive servos I had lying around. And some matching Walmart 49c acrylic color, red and yellow for some touchups.
Jan 08, 2020, 06:27 AM
2020 EDF Jet Jam
Herb I always enjoy your threads. I bought the Luftwaffe PNP. But have a DS38 on the way. I plan to install an airspeed sensor along with the Jeti current sensor To collect data on both setups. Of course this will ultimately be Daniel or Christian’s T33 for Jet Jam!
Jan 08, 2020, 01:04 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini
Herb I always enjoy your threads. I bought the Luftwaffe PNP. But have a DS38 on the way. I plan to install an airspeed sensor along with the Jeti current sensor To collect data on both setups. Of course this will ultimately be Daniel or Christianís T33 for Jet Jam!
Nice setup Bob !
Jan 08, 2020, 01:10 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
USAF T-33 Thunderbird video (2012) :

T-33 Thunderbird/F-80 Shooting Star - Homestead, 2012 (3 min 40 sec)

Luftwaffe JG-72 T-33 video (in flight at 3:37 ) (1960) :

Jagdgeschwader 72 Leck F-86 Sabre/ T-33 ca. 1960 (16 min 28 sec)
Jan 08, 2020, 01:46 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Painted the two pilots, while waiting for the Freewing T-33 to get here ...

Last edited by Herb; Jan 09, 2020 at 01:12 PM.
Jan 08, 2020, 01:54 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
It is often repeated that the Kyosho T-33 is a horrible flier, esp. in the right hands

Here's how mine flies

Kyosho T-33 "Shooting Star" EDF 75mm FPV (6 min 45 sec)
Jan 08, 2020, 05:15 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Took these pictures of a Luftwaffe Lockheed T-33 when I visited Berlin Gatow a few years ago, the paint was really faded.

Jan 08, 2020, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb
Two more 3D printed scale pilots (free on thingiverse) ready for the T-33, just need some paint ...

Herb have you got the link for the pilots...Sometimes in "Thing" if you dont right the right seach words you get nothing..

Thanks.
Jan 08, 2020, 11:49 PM
Thanks herb for the files I may have confused you.
Thanks for the files Herb

I was asking if you had the link for the pilots on Thinginverse

My son in law does the printing and I usually give him that link.

Sorry for the confusion,
Jan 10, 2020, 12:55 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Waiting for mine (silver arf+ version) to get here in a couple of days ...

The German camo version looks nice too, the paint chosen looks like some sort of "forest green" and "light gray".

The original Luftwaffe T-33's often have rather faded paint, so it's hard to tell what the original might have looked like.

A full scale one at the Deutsches Museum in Munich shows the original, restored colors pretty well.

It seems they should be the standard post-war RAL 7012 Basalt Grey and RAL 6014 Yellow Olive,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_RAL_colors

Last edited by Herb; Jan 11, 2020 at 01:24 PM.
Jan 13, 2020, 01:20 AM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Surprisingly low parts count for such a large jet, the nice solid one piece wing sure helps,

Jan 13, 2020, 01:22 AM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Wind details, the decals are nice thin water slide. The cheater intake at least has a nice NACA inlet shape ...

Jan 13, 2020, 01:24 AM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Tail surface details, nicely done with ball links.

Quick Reply